Budget-Friendly Interior Decorating Ideas to transform your home before Christmas
Budget-friendly and simple home decor tricks to make you look like a Pro
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas – but is your home ready? If your house is the yearly holiday gathering spot, you may be looking for some budget-friendly, simple interior design tricks to add a pop of color here or there and new elements to bring new life to the family room. By using these 9 simple and affordable decorating ideas, you’ll be ready for all your holiday guests.
- Show off your lil Michael Angelo – Show your kids how much you adore their pictures of their hand-drawn family pictures or their collection of abstract paintings by displaying in colorful picture frames.
- Organize with trays – Are your TV remotes all hiding under the couch too as a result of your toddler’s handy work or are they just spread all over creating clutter? Clear up all the clutter by gathering those remotes and organizing on a wooden tray. Accentuate with mason jars filled with colorful stones.
- Peek-a-boo cabinets – A simple, budget-friendly, and quick home décor trick is to take off your upper cabinet doors. Get creative and arrange your flatware and plates in a unique way to display in your new “peek-a-boo” cabinets.
- Pink Lampshade anyone? – Another inexpensive and simply creative interior design trick is to give your lampshade a quick makeover with a pop of color. For example, I painted some hand-me-down lampshades my favorite color – PINK!
- Bring the outdoors in – Get the kids involved in your home decorating projects and out of the house by letting them gather up small branches outside to showcase in a clear or colored containers.
- Spruce up the shower – Take a trip to your local dollar store to add some fragrant candles and maybe a new shower curtain or just liner to your bathroom. Then, draw a bubble bath and enjoy your instant updated sanctuary.
- Another $1 store idea – if you look hard enough you can usually find a chic-patterned wallpaper you can then adhere to the back of your closets or bookcases to an instant change in décor.
- Books – not just for reading – Well maybe keep the “50 Shades of Grey” in the bedroom, but gather up those art, travel, and gardening books and display on a table.
- Shower Curtain Double Duty – Our final budget-crunching and absolutely amazing way to add a whole new element to your living areas – dressing up your windows with shower curtains. A great Pinterest interior design trick, I headed to my local Target to choose from their vast array of pretty-patterned shower curtains, bought a spool of ribbon and then tied the shower curtain to a rod with girly bows.
What's the first source you go to for home decor inspiration?
Holiday Home Spruce-Ups
Simple Home Spruce-Ups
Create a welcoming entrance by revamping the doorway by either replacing or replacing the door
Add a new mirror to upgrade powder room
Declutter and Deep Clean
Choosing the Right Vacuum
- Match your vacuum type to your cleaning needs
- Check the vacuums features
- Rethink bagless
- Take it for a test drive
Consumer Reports Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners
- Uprights and Canisters
- Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- Robotic Vacuum Cleaners