- Kitchen Electronics
Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker for College
The trend toward kids and students drinking coffee has been on the rise over the past few years.
I noticed it a couple of years ago when our high school yearbook had a coffee theme throughout the publication. The students that year were always hanging out at the local coffee shops. The trend has grown even more since then.
They don't stop drinking coffee when they head off to college either. The problem then is finances. Some of them have to cut back on their $4 to $5 cup of Joe every morning. Then there is the problem of not having a Starbucks on the way from the dorm to their first class.
Keurig single serve coffee maker for you college student. It's a brilliant answer.
Just think about it.
- Cut costs to about $0.40 per cup if you buy your k-cups online
- Nothing to prepare - just push a button to turn on the brewer
- Nobody has to do any clean up (they wouldn't do it anyway, haha)
- Brew a cup of coffee in about 30 seconds and dash out the door
I have to admit, I did not come up with this idea on my own. A colleague's daughter headed off to college this year with a Keurig single serve coffee maker in tow. I overheard a conversation in the school office about the coffee situation at college.
The girl had called home to tell her mom how great the Keurig coffee maker was. Her life was complete because she had her coffee before class without the hassle of trying to get a ride to a coffee shop.
Cool beans (no pun intended)!
On a more personal note, I own a Keurig single serve coffee maker. So I am somewhat biased in my opinion. I did a ton of reading before buying, but I also had the advantage of having one at school.
Here are some PROS about the Keurig single serve coffee maker that some folks are not aware of:
- It works not just as a coffee maker, there are also tea K-Cups available and it also can be used to heat water in less than 20 seconds. So if you have a tea bag and just want hot water, there is not need to use a kettle. Ever.
- You can buy a filter that allows you to place your own GROUND beans in the machine and make your favorite coffee blend.
- It is ridiculously easy to use. No paper filters needed. No grinds in the bottom of the cup. No wasting away of drinking coffee in the morning.
On the CON side, the k-cups are sometimes hard to find in the local store. However, and this is a big HOWEVER, you will find them easily online and for much cheaper than they are in most stores.
Grandparents and Keurig
This is just a thought. Grandparents are usually looking for ways to bless their kids and their grandkids. They would love to help out when their granddaughter or grandson goes off to college. A Keurig coffee maker is the perfect going away gift from Grandma and Grandpa.
Find Keurig Supplies Online
- The Coffee Niche | A Single Serving Coffee Maker Center
The Coffee Niche is a place for finding the best K Cup Brewers and where to buy k cups online, as well as some great general coffee information.