Top Baking Soda Uses for the house
Ok here's the deal, not very many people know about this little gem called baking soda. It is like the primordial sauce of human beings, we have been using it on or with just about everything. I mean I just ate some in my oatmeal cookies yesterday. Anyways, it has a wide variety of practical uses and one secret video use at the bottom. So, have a blast with these uses for baking soda.
Baking Soda properties:
-Odorless, most commonly found as a white powder
-Regulates ph level
-Slightly soluble in water (8g per 100ml)
Top Baking Soda Uses
- Cleaning uses: Sink, refrigerator, coffee machine(gets stains out), etc.
- Deodorizer: shoes, toilet area, refrigerator, compost area, closets, garbage cans, ash tray
- Polisher: removes rust from tools, sink drains, faucets, door handles.
- Baking: uses as a leaven agent as it releases CO2 (example: bread, cookies)
- Add to dishwasher to help clean dishes (helps balance ph of water)
- Wash fruits and vegetables with baking soda
- Use to reduce acidity of recipes
- Apply underarms as a deoderizer (sexy!)
- Use as a face or body scrub
- Add 1 cup to bathwater for softer skin (softens water)
- Apply to rashes, insect bites, wind burn, sunburn, bee sting for relief.
- To relieve heartburn acid indigestion, sour stomach, or an upset stomach add 1/2 a teaspoon to 4oz of water (antacid properties, consult your doctor beforehand)
Go buy some baking soda your bum! All kidding aside, a huge box of this stuff and a sponge can really make a noticeable difference around the house. This stuff is practically fairy dust. All these extraordinary uses have enabled the American people to give it their stamp of approval, generation after generation, Thanks Ma!
All the Buzz about being green: Baking Soda
Everyone and their significant hippie are concerned about being labeled green in today's modern world. Baking soda has a low toxicity, which means happy and healthy people. It is a safe alternative to other cleaning products containing 900 syllable toxins.