Make Pumpkin Arrangements for Seasonal Décor
Use Seasonal Supplies to Make Fall Arrangements
What can you make with a pumpkin, a few fall flower stems, and a computer? The very best answer is personalized, easy, and beautiful fall floral arrangements for your table.
Making a fall pumpkin centerpiece is an easy-as-pie project and they are the perfect fall décor. These are so simple to create that you’ll be tempted to design one for all your family and friends!
Bring Nature Indoors for the Fall Season
After our southern summer’s heat, enjoying a bit of cooler weather's first hint of fall each year gives us a refreshing, hopeful feeling. As soon as the nights begin to cool off and subtle changes in the morning air signal good things to come, we look forward to the beautiful performance of nature’s autumnal display.
Bringing some of that seasonal beauty indoors is an annual event for many people but it’s nice to have a few decorations stored away and ready to come out even before fall's color shows up outdoors. Creating arrangements for our own homes and to use as gifts for others is a way to relish the season’s color a little longer.
Supply List for These Fall Arrangements
• Various Styrofoam or Plastic Pumpkins
• Copper and Gold Craft Paints
• Computer Generated Initials, Names, or Phrases
• Various Flower and Nature Stem Picks
• Mod Podge or Other Decoupage Glue
• Obvious Tools -- Brushes, Pliers, Scissors
Creating a Fall Arrangement for Your Tabletop
Prep the Pumpkin:
Painting the pumpkin the way I did is easy, but you may choose to be more elaborate when you paint one. I also thought that decoupaging the entire pumpkin with a tissue paper printed with a tiny fall design would be unique for an arrangement.
• Using a small paint brush, apply copper colored paint to the pumpkin’s indentions.
• Using a wet sponge highlight the surface of the pumpkin with gold colored paint.
• Set aside to dry according to manufacturer’s instructions.
More Tips for these Pumpkin ArrangementsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Finishing the Fall Décor Arrangement
Once the decoupaged design dried I assessed the floral picks I had available and began taking them apart and trimming the stems so I could plan how to arrange them in the top of the pumpkin.
Most of my stems were made of a strong wire so they were easy to push into the styrofoam form, but for a few I used the pliers to start a hole because the wire was a bit weak.
I also attached florist’s wire to some nice ribbon and used the loops to give the effect that ribbon was running through the arrangement. With some berry sprigs for the little bird to nibble on the pumpkin was almost finished.
Having gathered fresh eucalyptus branches a couple of weeks ago, I tucked a few sprigs into my decorated pumpkins. The blue-green color of the leaves, as well as the wonderful fragrance turned out to be fine touches to these tabletop decorations.
Yes, You Can Make Fall Arrangements!
The projects highlighted in this hub couldn’t be quicker or easier to make. Creating a natural look with floral arrangements during autumn’s gorgeous season is, well, only natural, and you can design and create your own using these examples as inspiration!
I hope you get to enjoy decorating with centerpieces that you create, or to enjoy giving them to others. They make great gifts for many occasions. Beyond family members, keep teachers, host/hostesses, neighbors, and more in mind as you plan your projects.
Harvest Scenes with Fun Fall Music for Your Crafting Time:
Outside the Box with Pumpkins
Seasonal fall décor for our homes and offices with pumpkins begins the holiday season for most of us, but don't forget other ways to use them:
• Birthdays for little ones can be a delightful time for family and friends in the fall season.
• A pumpkin themed dinner party for friends before heading out to the big family holiday meal might be just the ticket for a grown up fall birthday.
• Painted white as in the snowman pumpkins above, these luminaries would be beautiful at Christmas time.
• A Christmas pumpkin pie recipe for ginger lovers--Ginger-Streusel Pumpkin Pie.
Do you make your own fall decorations?
Make a Cornucopia Centerpiece
More Seasonal Hubs to Check Out:
If floral arranging is not your cup of tea, take a look at some other seasonal ideas for crafting and giving:
• How to make easy throw pillow slipcovers for the holidays.
• How to make flax seed packs for warm comfort.
• Make a ball team handbag from a denim skirt.
• Make beautiful place cards for special meals.