Make Your Own Cleaners; I Do!
Give it a try!
Making your own cleaner can be so rewarding. You get the sense of accomplishment knowing you are making your home safer for your family as well as getting it clean, what could be better? Oh saving money, yup it just got better! Making your own cleaners is more than cost effective. I have basic do it yourself cleaning supplies that I use all the time to keep my house clean and sanitary.
· Disinfectant- 2 cups of warm water with 4 tbs of liquid dish soap
· Surface cleaner- sprinkle on baking soda; use a little elbow grease with a warm wet washcloth to wipe the surface clean
· Window cleaner/multi-surface cleaner- ½ cup white vinegar and 1 gallon of water (add a little rubbing alcohol for an even better window cleaner)
· Furniture polish- using a spray bottle mix 3 tbs lemon juice, 2 tsp olive oil, and 4 tbs water; SHAKE WELL
· Floor cleaner – 1 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup baking soda, 4 tbs liquid soap, and warm water
DIY carpet cleaners....
. Carpet refresher- sprinkle baking soda lightly over your carpet; allow it to sit for 30 minutes and then just vacuum it up
· Carpet Cleaner Solution- 1 ½ quarts hot water, ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide, 4 tbs white vinegar, and 3 tbs dish soap
· Stain Remover for Clothes/Carpet- ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide and 3 cups of water in a spray bottle sprayed directly on the stain
The cherry on top....Super DIY tub cleaner
Super (and I mean it!) Tub Cleaner - 10 oz of dish soap (most recipes call for blue Dawn, but I have used many different types with the same results) and 12 oz of white vinegar. Put in the spray bottle and warm in the microwave for about 6 seconds. Spray on the tub and let sit for about 30 minutes. Wipe clean (it will just melt the junk of your tub and you will be so amazed) and rinse down with warm water.
Hope you are able to give the cleaners a try. They really work and are tried and true in my household. I love the way the keep things clean around here. Cheap and frugal is something I am always striving for and these cleaners are definitely up to those standards. Enjoy the "recipes" and let me know what you think of them!!!