Make your very own fabric softener
Great Fabric Softener
Maybe you want to cut expenses around the house or get away from harsh chemicals. I know something you should really give a try. Home-made fabric softener! Matter of fact, you probably have the products you need in your kitchen to make it already. Keep in mind that if you really want to spend less then you can just add 1/2 cup of vinegar to your rinse cycle during washing your clothes and not make fabric softener at all. However, if you are like me and still want your own fabric softener then here is what you should use.
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 2 cups of vinegar
- 6 cups of hot water
- 8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil
- 1 medium size bowl
- Milk Jug or container to hold 10 cups of liquid minimum
Personally, I use lavender for just about everything. Some good essential oils for this softener can be orange, lavender, or lemon oil. Just depends on your personal taste. Now, follow the instructions below.
- Pour the baking soda into the bowl
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bowl, mix well will spoon
- Slowly pour in vinegar (slowly..... Fizzing will start and be careful not to pour to rapidly because it will overflow.)
- Then add left over water, mix well
- Add 8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil
Now take a funnel and pour the mixture into a container or old milk jug. Once you pour into the container then you are good to go. You can make a label or decorate if you want to make it cute! Add 1/4 cup to every rinse cycle for small to medium and 1/2 cup every large load. Give it a try and let me know what you think.