Indoor House Plants with Names and Pictures
Names and pictures of my Indoor House Plants
Aside from the money tree and Kaffir Lily plants that was featured in my recent hubs, I got a few more easy to look after house plants. Although I love plants and flowers, I want to make an easy life for me, so I will only have plants that look after themselves most of the time. What I mean is, I only water them when they need water and feed them when they need fertiliser. My plants have to be easy going like me.
Here are my plant collections that doesn't need much care but give me plenty of pleasure and also add a natural decoration for the home.
1. AFRICAN VIOLET – This pretty plant is so beautiful when the flowers come out. As the name implies it originated from Africa. It needs very little care and not much water as the roots and leaves will rot if I water it too much. It is so easy to look after. I just feed it once a month with baby bio liquid plant food. When I water it, I do it from the bottom of the pot as to avoid wetting the leaves as water retention on the leaves make this plant rot.
2. CHRISTMAS CACTUS – This is another of my favourites as it brings lovely flowers every year and sometimes it even flowers twice a year. All it needs is water once a week and fertiliser once a month maybe if I don't forget. I got one with pink colours and one with peach colours.
3. PURPLE OXALIS – This is a wonderful plant that sleeps at night and wakes up in the morning. When I first saw it, I was so in love with it and amused when it's umbrella shaped leaves start to fold when it gets dark in the evenings. I love this plant and also it needs just water and fertiliser. It has lovely trumpet-like light pink flowers.
4. EPIPHYLLUM ORCHIDS (ORCHID CACTUS OR PEACOCK'S TAIL) – This cactus has beautiful pink flowers that are so gorgeous to see. I inherited this from an elderly lady friend who gave it to me when I went to visit her. It is so easy to care for. Like my other plants it just needs water and fertiliser once in a while. Like the money tree Jade, it is so easy to grow. The gorgeous flowers last for two months. Worth waiting for ten months to flower.
5. SPIDER PLANT – This is the easiest among my plants to look after. Just grow it in a good compost keep watering when it is dry and feed it once in a while, too. Doesn't need much attention but brings out lovely leaves that colours or decorate a wall. It has lovely plantlets that come out and I use these to grow more spider plants. They look better in a hanging basket or a plant pot hanging on a wall.
6. JASPER VELVET or JEWEL ORCHID – A beautiful addition to my houseplants (given by my friend Maya). It has lovely flowers like orchid ones but they are like mini-orchid flowers. The flowers last for more than a month. So you get to see them flowers for a bit longer. This plant has velvety leaves which gathers dust unfortunately as I have just noticed now while studying the plant. This is my first time to have this plant. This is very unusual plant for me. They come in different colours.
7. SPECKLED BEGONIA – is also a beautiful plant with leaves that has spots on them and when this plant start to flower, it has masses of pink flowers that hangs at the top end of the stems. It reminds me of bleeding heart.
8. PHALAENOPSIS MIX – another new addition to my houseplants, doesn't like direct sunlight, only feed monthly and water weekly is an orchid. Can stand dry conditions. It has pink lovely spotted flowers which really attracted me. I love this plant with its spotty pink flowers.
9. Kaffir Lily – A very attractive orange coloured flower which looks very pretty. It cheers up a dull corner in the house.
10. Hoya – the Japanese calls it "Waterfalls of Flowers" as the Hoya plant produces beautiful white and pink star-like flowers that falls from the stem of the plant in between the leaves.
Photos of Indoor Plants
Indoor Plants names and Photos
Do you believe that indoor plants help clean the air in the house?
This spider plant looks pretty and very easy to grow and care for houseplant. The flowers are beautiful when they come out too. I have one plant that stayed with me for many years. It just need watering once it's dried.
My Indoor Houseplants
- Names and Pictures of all my home Grown Organic Vege...
I would like to share some of the photos and names of my Vegetables that I produced from my back garden. I just love growing my own fresh and nutritious vegetables to stay healthy.
© 2013 Linda Bryen