- Home Furnishings
NASA Memory Foam Mattress
Most people sleep on spring mattresses which has been the dominant type of mattress for over a hundred years. However, technology has gotten much better since those early days and mattresses have gotten better. Do you find yourself tossing and turning at night and waking up your partner? If so, then you should consider a NASA memory foam mattress. You’ve probably seen on TV commercials talking about NASA memory foam mattresses. In the commercial, there is a glass of wine on one side of the bed while another person jumps on the other side. The glass of wine doesn’t spill. This demonstration showed that you won’t bother your partner no matter how much movement you do on your side of the bed.
NASA memory foam mattress was first developed by NASA for use in space missions. It was eventually used by hospitals for patients so that they don’t develop bedsores. Since so many people liked these foam mattresses, manufacturers started developing them for everyday home use. In a NASA memory foam mattress, there are no spring coils like that of a spring mattress. It is just a piece of foam which shapes to your body when you lie down on it.
Like spring mattresses, there are different firmness levels in a NASA memory foam mattress. When you go buy a foam mattress, you need to lie on it for several minutes to determine whether or not it is too soft or hard. You can easily determine if the mattress is too soft if it is hard for you to turn over. The mattress is considered too firm if you can easily pass a finger between you and the mattress.
A NASA memory foam mattress is a great option for those who have back pain or other body pains. The foam mattress won’t push on those pressure points causing you more pain. Below are some foam mattresses you can take a look at to help begin your research.
SULTAN FJORDGARD by Ikea
- A 2" thick layer of latex provide high pressure-relieving capacity, enabling your body to relax more fully.
- Lamb's wool in the filling and lyocell in the ticking transport moisture away and provides a pleasant sleeping climate with an even temperature.
- High-resilience foam with pressure-relieving capacity provides good comfort.
- 5 comfort zones relieve pressure on your shoulders and hips.
- Machine washable cover; easy to keep clean.
The ClassicBed by Tempur-Pedic
- No flipping, rotating or turning
- Soft, rayon-velour top and sides
- Non-skid bottom
- Allergen and dust-mite resistant
- Luxurious look and feel
- One Approx. 0.8" TEMPUR Comfort Layer (5.3 lbs./ft. density) — Softer formula for enhanced responsiveness
- One Approx. 2.8" TEMPUR Support Layer (5.3 lbs./ft. density)
- Edge to edge, pressure-relieving comfort and therapeutic support for deep, rejuvenating sleep