- Organizing & Decluttering
Organizing your closet
7 WAYS TO ORGANIZE YOUR CLOSET FOR THE NEW YEAR.
Let’s face it, we all plan to stay more organized at the beginning of every year, and fail miserably each time. One of the things we promise to organize is our closet. A well-organized closet makes it easy to pick out outfits every day, and it certainly saves up a lot of time as well. So, here are 7 tips to help you organize your closet this year:
1. Categorize: This is the very first step towards organizing your closet. Categorize the clothes in your closet such as t-shirts, sweaters, blouses, tank tops, skirts, dresses, jackets, pants, shorts and coats. This way, when you feel like wearing shorts, you would know where to look for them.2. Color co-ordinate your clothes and accessories: Once you have everything categorized, go for the color coordinating approach. For example, suppose you have categorized your t-shirts to the right corner. Now sort them out by color and this will make it easy for you to pull out the perfect option for your outfit.
3. Put your clothes where you can see them: There are chances that if you can’t see some clothing pieces, you are going to forget about them. Make sure that the pieces you wear the most or those which are for the current season; they all should be at a place where you can see them inside your closet. Don’t put them in some corner.
4. Occupy every part of your closet: Go ahead and utilize every part of your closet. There is no point of clustering everything to one place and leaving half of your closet empty. If you have extra space, put some items on display like your personal boutique.
5. Downsize: There is no point in keeping clothes you are never going to wear. Be kind and donate them.
6. Invest in the right hangers: The right hangers are life savers for your wardrobe. Go for wooden or thin hangers.
7. Keep your shoes and handbags visible: When your shoes and handbags are visible, it will take only a few seconds to choose which shoes or handbag you are going to wear/carry.
Use these simple and easy ways for organizing your closet for the New Year.