- Home Furnishings
Outdoor Furniture Cushions
Furnishing and decorating your outdoor living space whether it be on an open or closed patio, in a garden area, or on your deck, making it a nice and comfortable place to enjoy the outdoors, especially a backyard you've worked hard on, is important.
The problem is that outdoor furniture, while built to last and withstand a lot of different types of weather, can be uncomfortable because of the durability and toughness of the materials used. This is where using outdoor furniture cushions definitely comes in handy. But providing additional colors as well as extra cushion and comfort, you'll definitely make your outdoor spaces into places that you want to hang out with your friends and family.
I am going to explore different topics such as choosing an outdoor furniture cushion, and when you need to replace the ones that you already have.
Choosing the Right Outdoor Furniture Cushions For You
When it comes to deciding what type of furniture cushions to get, what color, what brands, etc it all comes down to a few different things that you need to think about and consider before you actually go and make a purchase. Unless you're going to be continually buying new ones every few months, you need to make sure that you can make a decision that you'll be happy with and that you'll be able to enjoy.
Here are some different things that you should consider before making that purchase:
- How much can you afford to spend on the cushions? Since cushion for outdoor furniture have a variety of price ranges, you'll want to make sure that you decide how much your budget is going to be and stick with that budget. You'll want to try and find the best quality and the one that you like the most in your budget. There are so many different options in stores and online that without narrowing it down to a certain budget range, you'll just be lost when trying to decide.
- How many pieces of furniture do you need to cover? Often times furniture cushions will come in sets, allowing you to get cushions for individual chairs, benches, lounge chairs, and a swing bench. Sometimes, you'll have to buy pieces individually. If you're wanting everything to match, then you'll definitely want to be looking at various sets, but this can sometimes limit your options as opposed to buying individual cushions.
- What are the sizes of the furniture you need to cover? Determining the size is important whether you are shopping in store or online, because it's hard to gauge if something will fit nicely or not just looking at it. Often times, for popular brands of outdoor furniture, you can find cushions that fit those brands of furniture. This helps you to be able to eliminate some of the guess work involved.
- Does the color match or clash with the furniture? Some outdoor furniture is made with dark woods, some with lighter woods, and others have been painted. You'll want to find outdoor patio furniture cushions that don't clash with the color of your furniture.
By taking some time to sit down and think about these things, you'll avoid the frustration of stuff not matching, stuff not fitting, the stress from spending additional money and other pitfalls that come from not planning ahead before going out to make these kinds of purchases.
Reasons to Change Your Existing Outdoor Furniture Cushions
There are two reason why people come across this website. The first is that they are looking for new outdoor furniture chair cushions, and the second is that they are considering getting a new set, and so they are wondering whether or not they need to replace the cushions they already have. There are multiple reasons, some of them for enjoyment, some of them for wear, and others for health reasons. I am going to explore some of these reasons, and you'll need to decide if they apply to you and whether or not it is really a good time to start looking for some of those replacements.
- Allergies - I mentioned health reasons above, and allergies are definitely one of the reasons you may want to consider getting some outdoor furniture replacement cushions. Dust can collect inside of your cushions, and there are many things inside the dust that can accumulate. Human skin and hair is a major one, but also dirt and fungus can collect inside your cushions, especially if they are outdoor all year long. If you have any foam covers that are older than 2005, you'll want to look into replacing them.
- Flattening - Over time, especially with a lot of use, cushions can just simply become flattened. Because they have been flattened, you have probably noticed that they become uncomfortable for you, your family, and your guests to sit on. Definitely look into getting newer, comfortable cushions if this is the case.
- Wear & tear - Stuff happens, and over a period of time, cushions can be exposed to a lot of use, and outdoor cushions can become scratching posts for wild cats, squirrels and other types of wild life. There are also human causes of wear and tear. Careless is one of them, as sometimes people aren't paying attention and accidentally rip the cushions. They can also fade and become dingy because of the various lotions, especially sun tan lotion, that the chairs become exposed to. And, if you have cushions on the chairs around your patio table, then you may get food or drinks spilled on the cushions.
If you are needing to replace your cushions, or if you weren't sure whether you needed to or not, I hope you have seen just a few different reasons why you should begin to look into new cushions for patio furniture.
And, if you're replacing, or just looking for your first set of outdoor furniture cushions, then hopefully you'll follow the advice above so that you can see what things need to be considered before just going out and buying some cushions.
More Patio & Outdoor Resources
- Patio Blinds
On a nice spring, summer, and fall day, it is nice to be able to sit out on your porch and patio and just enjoy being outdoors while still loving your outdoor living space that gives you shelter from the...
- Outdoor Lamps
There are many reasons to be looking into buying outdoor lamps. Whether you would like some added security around your house, or weather you would just like to be able to show off your nicely decorated...
- Outdoor Furniture Covers
Creating a nice, outdoor living space is a great way for you to be able to add additional living space to your house which is great for being able to spend time with your family and friends out on the patio...