- Planting Flowers
Annual Flowers For Partly Shade Gardens
Click thumbnail to view full-size
Annual flowers for part shade
- COLEUS - Blooms white or lavender flowered spikes in late summer and have multicolored leaves. These plants grow 6 - 36 inches tall.
- IMPATIENS - These plants bloom all season with 2 inch wide flowers in a wide variety of colors. They have single and double blooms. These plants grow 6 - 18 inches tall.
- WAX BEGONIA - These plants bloom all season with 1 inch flowers in a wide variety of colors. There leaves are green to a bronze-red with a glossy texture. These plants grow 6 - 12 inches tall.
- BUSH VIOLET - Blooms all season with star-shaped flowers in colors of blue, white, or violet. These plants grow 12 -18 inches tall.
- ANGEL'S TRUMPET - These plants have large trumpet shaped flowers that are scented. They grow 3 - 5 feet tall.
- EDGING LOBELIA - Blooms all season with tiny red, blue , violet and white flowers. These plants grow 4 - 8 inches tall.
- FIVE-SPOT- These plants have bell-shaped white flowers with purple tips which bloom early spring. They grow 6 inches tall.
- FLOWER TOBACCO - These plants have star shaped flowers in a variety of colors. The most popular colors are white and red. These flowers have a strong fragrance at night. Some plants grow as tall as 3 -6 inches and others at 12 - 36 inches.
- ANNUAL FOUNTAIN GRASS - These plants have color spikes in pink, purple and copper and they grow 2 - 4 feet tall.
- BLACK-EYED SUSAN VINE - These plants have orange or white flowers with dark purple centers which bloom all season. Since it is a vine it likes to climb or let them hang down from a planter.
Biennial flowers for part shade
- CHINESE FORGET-ME-NOT- Has gray-green foliage with tiny blue or white flowers. These plants grow about 2 feet tall.
- SNOW-ON-THE-MOUNTAIN - Has white edged leaves from early summer to frost.These plants grow 18 - 24 inches.
- FORGET-ME-NOT- Blooms in winter or spring with tiny blue flowers with white centers. Grows 9 -12 inches tall.
- VIOLET PANSY - Blooms in winter or spring. They come in bi-colors and tri-colored flowers. These plants grow 4 - 3 inches.
Not all Vegetable Plants need full sun