- Planting Flowers
Perennial Flowers For Partly Shade Gardens
Click thumbnail to view full-size
SOME PERENNIAL PLANTS
- GOATSBEARD(Aruncus dioicus ) - Blooms in summer with large feathery plumes of cream flowers that last up to four weeks. These plants grow 4 - 6 feet tall.
- PLANTAIN LILY(Hosta) - Blooms in summer with white, lavender or violet flowers. These plants grow 1 - 2 feet.
- BUGBANE, BLACK SNAKEROOT( Cimicifuga racemosa) - Blooms in summer with spires of white flowers that are scented. These plants grow 3 - 8 feet.
- LUNGWORT( Pulmonaria) - Blooms in spring with blue or pink funnel-shaped flowers.These plants grow 8 - 12 inches.
- BEE BALM( Monarda didyma) - Blooms in summer with red, pink, white, or lavender flowers.These plants grow 2 - 3 feet tall.
- BERGENIA( Bergenia) - Blooms in winter or spring with red, rosy purple, lilac, pink or white bell-shaped flowers. These plants grow 1 -1 1/2 feet tall.
- VIRGINIA BLUEBELLS(Mertensia virginica ) - Blooms in spring with pink flowers that turn purplish blue. These plants grow 1- 2 feet tall.
- BLEEDING HEART( Dicentra spectabilis) - Blooms in spring with white or pink flowers dangling on arched stems. These plants grow about 2 1/2 feet tall.
- FALSE SPIRAEA( Astilbe) - Blooms in summer with white, red or pink ferny foliage flowers.These plants grow 1 1/2 - 4 feet.
- COLUMBINE(Aquilegia) - Blooms in late spring, early summer with a variety of colored flowers. These plants grow 1 - 3 feet.
- JAPANESE ANEMONE( Anemone x Hybrida) - Blooms in late summer, early fall with white, rose or pink flowers. These plants grow 1 - 3 feet.
- FANCY-LEAFED CALADIUM(Caladium bicolor) - Leaves come in colors of red, pink, white. green, silver or bronze. These plants grow 1 - 3 feet tall.
Deciduous Plants - Perennials
- SUMMERSWEET( Clethra alnifolia) - Shrub - Blooms in late summer, early fall with tiny white or pink scented flowers. These plants grow about 8 feet tall.
- WOOD FERN( Dryopteris) - Evergreen Fern - These ferns give a welcome touch of greenery in gardens. These plants grow from 1 1/2 - 3 feet tall.
- ROYAL FERN( Osmunda regalis) - Evergreen Fern - These ferns when mature produce rusty-brown flower plumes. These plants grow to 6 feet tall.
- SQUILL( Scilla) - Bulb - Blooms in late winter or early spring with blue, pink or white tiny star shaped flowers or bell shaped flowers. These plants grow 6 inches tall.
This Video is great for Beginners