Popular Lower Level Home Finishing Projects
Does your home have a lower level that is nothing more than glorified (or not) storage space? Perhaps you are looking for a way to have more room for entertainment or an onsite get away but don’t really know where to start. If so, then that lower level of your home may very well be the place!
There are many homes that were designed to have a lower level for living, but due to finances or perhaps lack of vision, the space was overlooked and then sold as an “extra - albeit unfinished -room. However, just because it has sat dormant doesn’t mean that the lower level of a home should be forgotten about. In fact, it is the perfect location for building that home theater, extra bedroom or even rentable apartment space - you just have too look at through new eyes.
Many times, homeowners can get a great deal of usage out of a lower level makeover, they just need to think about how to turn that wasted area into a wonderful new room (or perhaps, rooms!). Here are a few ideas for repurposing that lower level space in your home.
- Put in a wet bar - There’s nothing like being able to relax in style and have a drink without having to leave your home. After all, sometimes a long week at the office needs to be reward with a bit of indulgence. Of course, the wet bar can include all your favorites from kid friendly to adult beverages, plus all the comforts of high top chairs and a beautiful bar, complete with a dishwasher so you don’t have to tote those empty glasses back upstairs.
- Media room - Wether you call the theater room, movie room, or perhaps the music room, having a space to enjoy big screen televisions, so round sound systems, recoding equipment or any other type of media is always nice. Add in some fun elements like a popcorn machine or basic kitchen and a bathroom and you may decide to never leave home again.
- Work space - Whether it is a place to store crafting items/;projects or the need to work from home without a myriad of interruptions, converting the lower level into a work space is always a great use of home real estate.
- Second kitchen - If you love to cook, but always seem to need more space, convert that lower level into a secondary kitchen and have fun. Include those favorite appliances, a dishwasher, plenty of counter and storage space and you are good to go!
- Work out - A home gym is a great way to stay in shape, and even better, you can avoid the New Year’s resolution crowd! Plus, the lower level is often a bit cooler, so you can enjoy a work out and stay a bit more comfortable, too.
Don’t just think about to have more room in your home. Talk to someone who can help you turn your dream for the lower level into a reality. Then get ready to enjoy the extra room. You will be glad you made the decision to expand your home. Get started today!
Many websites provide additional information on the topic of lower level home remodels. One such site worth visiting is http://www.prescriptionheatingandcooling.com/heating-woodbury/
Janet Slagell independently authors articles for WebDrafter, Inc. for search engine marketing. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those solely of the author, and not of any other person, company or organization. No guarantee or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the accuracy, fitness, or use of the content herein.