Professional Moving Tips for Your Next Move
Working with a professional moving company has a variety advantages. You can depend on them to get you moved more quickly, they will have the boxes and packing materials readily available, and they will be insured to protect you and, in the event of a worst case scenario, replace any items damage during the move. Best of all, you can count on them to be there when you need them – so long as you do some basic planning ahead.
For many people, working with a company that specializes in moving us from one home to another is common. But there are many other families and individuals who will move dozens of time and not once hire a team to help out. For those, the moving becomes almost commonplace, and tricks are developed to make the process as simple as possible.
So, if you find yourself needing to make a quick move without the help of professional movers, or perhaps you are only moving to a new neighborhood and just want to know a few tricks to help out, take some notes from the professional movers:
- Take a few days to go through and begin purging any items in your home that you no longer need or do not plan to use in your new home. For instance, if you are moving to a new climate zone, then you may want to get rid of any clothing or yard items that would only take up needed space.
- Make a To Do list of what jobs actually need to be done. If possible, assign a due date to them so that you can prioritize accordingly. Be sure to include things like contacting the companies who provide your utilities, notifying the post office a change of address, and any other places through which you do business.
- Start collecting boxes, packing materials, plenty of packing tape, markers and labels so boxing thing up will go smoothly.
- Begin early with packing up items not currently needed. Be sure to label the boxes as to what they contain, and if possible, what room they are to go in when you get tom your new home.
- If you have access to an enclosed trailer, go ahead and start packing the boxes as they are ready to go. You will be able to get them out of the way and make room to do more packing.
- Use items such as towels to go between or around breakable items. For instance. Using kitchen towels in between kitchen plates not only provides protection but it keeps items from the same room together.
- Don’t think about it as a job, moving can be a fun adventure. It’s all in your attitude, so look for the positive.
These are just a few tips, but they can make your next move easier – especially if you opt to make moving a DIY project.
Moving to a new home is an exciting – albeit sometimes sad –occasion. By employing these tips from the pros your next move can be significantly easier. Of course, of you really want the next time you move to go better than ever, then contact one your local moving companies and schedule a day.
Many websites provide additional information on the topic of professional moving tips. One such site worth visiting is http://www.1stchoicemovers.com/professional-moving-minneapolis/
Janet Slagell independently authors articles for WebDrafter, Inc. for search engine marketing. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those solely of the author, and not of any other person, company or organization. No guarantee or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the accuracy, fitness, or use of the content herein.