Rennovating a Girl's Bedroom for Under 100 Dollars
Choosing A Color Scheme For Room Renovation
Painting A Rental Property
I currently am renting my family's home. While rented bedrooms cannot be painted it does not limit the wonderful make-overs you can still create. With your focus on changing the styles and colors of furniture and furnishings, you can make some real magic happen in your children's lives.
Tips For Choosing The Right Colors For Creating A Teenage Bedroom
- Consult with your child. Find out what colors they like and enjoy.
- Base your color choices around the vibe you want the room to reflect and always include neutral colors like either whites, greys, or creams. Build your colors around those neutral tones.
- Avoid dark colors which make your space appear smaller and can affect your moods and sleeping patterns.
- Colors have the ability to affect our moods. Colors that are known to attract positive energy include white, blue, red, yellow, green, pink and purple.
Choosing A Great Color Scheme Also Depends On Your Theme
- For a glamorous teenager bedroom include gold or silver, teamed with black and white. Include a pastel such as rose pink to break up the intensity of color.
- For a romantic room purples, or soft pinks work well but in moderation, remembering to base them around neutral tones.
For a peaceful cheery vibe to a space, blues, yellows, teamed with neutrals are excellent.
For my Hollywood Glam bedroom make-over I decided to go with all white furniture with gold,silver, dusty pink furnishings and accessories, with a dab of black here and there to break up the color.
Color is the least expensive thing to put into a house— Ruthie Sommers
Second Step Giving Old Furniture A Makeover
Painting Old Furniture DIY
As a single mum I couldn't afford to buy new furniture so I repainted my daughter's wardrobe, shelving, bedside table and bookcase with white acrylic paint I already had in my art kit. Painting the furniture was time consuming but came up really good giving the old furniture a new lease of life..
I decided a nice white dressing table and mirror was something I wanted to add to the room for my daughter, so she had a place to do her hair and makeup. I posted an ad on Facebook asking if anyone was giving one away for free. To my amazement I received a message the next day that a lady had a dressing table for free if I wanted to pick it up. I was ecstatic. I painted it with a couple coats of white paint to jazz it up and it looked great. So far I still had not spent a cent on my bedroom makeover.
Before And After Bedroom Wardrobe
An empty room is a story waiting to happen, and you are the author.— Lifehack.
Hacks For Decorating A Bedroom For Under Twenty Dollars
Teenager's Budget Bed Makeover
- I replaced the quilt cover on my daughter's bed with a white cover from Kmart for under $20
- I added Kmart cushions in silver, gold, dusty pink and black. $25
- I hung a Kmart shelf $3.00 which I painted gold and a Kmart pink picture $19 on canvas on the wall beside the bed with a Kmart vine tucked behind the curtains $5
I jazzed up an old plant by adding a tiny set of fairy lights arranging it on the bedside table.
Creating A Hollywood Glam Mirror With Light Bulb StringI purchased a pretty wall mirror from Kmart for under $10 and mounted it on the wall to compliment the white dressing table. I ordered a set of Hollywood lights online for around $26 and attached them to the mirror Hollywood style. The lights came with full instructions and I have included a link where to buy them at the end of my article.With a USB cord that plugs into the wall, they are really easy to use and look fantastic.
How To Make A Teenager's Bedroom Beautiful On A Budget
Cheap Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Find plants from around the house. Add them to the room, jazzing them up with battery operated fairy lights for sparkle.
- I purchased a plain colored $4 paper bin from Kmart and painted it gold with a small brush.
- I bought some really cheap gold ornaments also from Kmart displaying them on shelves and furnishings.
- I swapped my other daughters silver storage boxes for my oldest daughters pink ones,adding them to the room.
- I went around the house looking for pretty things I could add to my daughter's room makeover to save buying new.
My DIY Bedroom Make-over Complete
My Daughter's Reaction To Her New Room
She was thrilled. All my hard work had finally paid off. The repainting of her old furniture made her furniture seem almost new. The white with gold, silver and rose color scheme worked so well together and it certainly gave her bedroom that glamorous touch.
$100 To Renovate A Teenage Girl's Bedroom
Kmart Wall Print
Kmart Artificial Plants
Gold Acrylic Paint
Guide To Buying Cheap Quality Bedroom Furnishings On A Shoestring
- Silver Bedroom Storage Cubes $5.00
Collapsible elegant silver storage cubes for teenager's bedroom
- Shoreline Wall Print $19.00
Picture on canvas for under $20 I purchased from Kmart
- Grace Round Cushion - Pink $8.00
Kmart has some super cheap cushions I used to add a glamorous touch to my daughter's bed.
- Dressing Table Wall Mirror $6.00
Perfect mirror for a Bedroom dressing table
- Kmart Bedroom Shelves $3.00
Fabulous little shelves I purchased from Kmart for only 3.00 each I painted them with gold acrylic paint.
Holllywood Light String For Creating A Glam Dressing Table Mirror
- Virtual Paint Tester For Your Room
Allows you to upload a photo of your featured room to test for virtual painting ideas. See how it will really look before applying paint in reality..
For My Dad
- A Tribute to My Father for Everything He Was
has enveloped my heart with a horrendous grief I hoped I would never feel. How does a daughter say goodbye to her father? This is my loving tribute to my beautiful father who passed away Easter Day 2012 and to everyone who has ever lost a parent.....