- Kitchen Electronics
The Best Features of the Hamilton Beach Commercial 12-Cup Coffee Maker
The Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker
While on a two week vacation, the condominium where I stayed had a Hamilton Beach® Commercial 12-Cup Coffee Maker. I discovered that this type of coffee maker is called a BrewStation™ because instead of having to pour coffee into the coffee cup, this type of coffee maker dispenses coffee directly into the coffee cup. Prior to using the Hamilton Beach coffee maker, I had only seen this type of coffee maker in self-serve coffee establishments, so I was excited to try it out, and after brewing a cup of coffee in the Hamilton Beach Commercial BrewStation, I now want one of my very own.
Whether you are a coffee enthusiast who only makes one or two cups of coffee a day, a coffee house, or restaurant, the commercial BrewStation may be just the coffeemaker you need to make consistently flavorful coffee recipes.
The Best Features of the Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker
For me, the best features are:
- Rounded coffee filters - The coffee maker uses standard coffee filters – the kind that are rounded at the bottom (not the cones).
- Easy to assemble - The coffee station is easy to assemble and brew a perfect cup of coffee.
- Easy to brew the perfect number of cups - I poured four cups of water into the coffee tank to brew a small pot of coffee. It took about five minutes to brew four cups of coffee.
- Easy to dispense coffee - After brewing, all I had to do is push my coffee cup against the dispenser button and out flowed a cup of coffee that was heated to a temperature that was just right for sipping immediately. The coffee tasted as good as I get at the major coffee houses.
- The warming feature - The warming feature of the coffee maker keeps the coffee warm without scorching and ruining the flavor.
- Front window - The BrewStation has a window in front, which I like because it lets me see how much coffee is left in the coffee pot.
- Automatic shut-off - The BrewStation is designed to keep the coffee warm for up to two hours and then, as a safety feature, the unit shuts down automatically.
After enjoying my first cup of coffee, I poured a second cup (about a half hour later) and again I was amazed at how fresh the coffee tasted even after half an hour of staying heated. I expected a little bitterness, but I found no bitter flavor at all. It tasted as fresh as when I first brewed it earlier.
Instruction PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
Instructions for Making Coffee with the Hamilton Beach BrewStation
- Fill the coffee tank with cold water. Do not exceed the water MAX level.
- Pour the water from the coffee tank into the water reservoir.
- Place the coffee tank onto the BrewStation heating element.
- Fill the filter basket with a coffee filter, then fill the coffee filter with coffee grounds. Place the filter basket on top of the coffee tank.
- Close the BrewStation lid and Press the ON/OFF button once to turn the unit on.
- Push your coffee cup against the dispenser button to receive your freshly brewed coffee.
I brewed four cups of coffee and the brewing time was approximately five minutes.
Product Details and Features
Product Details and Product Features of the Hamilton Beach BrewStation:
- Size: Medium
- Color: Black
- Brand: Hamilton Beach
- Model: D43012B
- Dimensions: 15.60" h x 11.50" w x 11.80" l,
- Commercial 12-cup coffeemaker with enclosed brewing system
- Thermal-insulated tank and gentle warming heater keep coffee hot and fresh
- 1-handed dispensing; no carafe means no pouring, no spills, and no hotplate
- Front window with measurement markings; 2-hour automatic shut-off for safety
- Measures 11-1/2 by 11-4/5 by 15-5/9 inches
Price Range for the Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker
As I searched the internet for price ranges, I found that the Hamilton Beach 12-Cup BrewStation sells for prices ranging from $81.00 to $170.00. It depends on where you purchase it. I was able to find it on Ebay (new) for $81.25.
Coffee Enthusiasts - Read How Coffee Came to America
- How Coffee Came to America
Coffee came to America in the 18th Century. Did you know that Americans consume 450 million cups of coffee per day? Read more tidbits of information about coffee and how Americans came to enjoy this caffeinated beverage.
My Conslusion: Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker
I was on vacation when I had my experience with the Hamilton Beach 12-Cup BrewStation and I am glad I was able to try it out prior to purchasing it. There are models of this same appliance with features such as a clock and timer. The BrewStation I used did not have elaborate features, however it served the most important function I expect in a coffee maker; it brewed the perfect cup of coffee. I would recommend the Hamilton Beach 12-Cup BrewStation to anyone looking for a great coffee maker that will not only brew coffee, but will keep the coffee warm. Oh, and I need to mention that this coffee maker is very easy to clean.