- Home Improvement
Home alarm system guide on how to change your security code from the control panel
Home alarm system panel
Security alarm guide
If you have a house alarm system it is very important to know how to change a code for a security alarm because you never know what can happen. It is advisable to change your alarm code from time to time in order to keep you family safe. The method of changing your security code depends of the type of alarm you have.
Everyone who gets an alarm system into their homes wants to protect their goods and their family. These devices were manufactured to keep protect your house from intruders. All of the alarm systems available on the market require a security code. At first you are given a code which you have to change the moment you install your device.
Step by step guide
Here are some instructions on how to change a code for a security alarm:
- No matter what type of alarm system you have, whether it is a wireless alarm system or a simple burglar system, you will have to change the security code at one point. The first thing you have to do is find the master code which allows you to change the code. The best place to look for it is in the user’s manual
- Take the manual and follow step by step what it says there. There are different ways to change the code, depending on the model you have. The only thing that you will find in all user manuals is the fact that you have to press reset and #9 on the control panel. After doing this enter the master code. If you do this your will have access to change the security code.
- If you can not find the manual or if you lost it you can solve the problem by talking to your monitoring company. They will walk you through the entire process. Even with the help of your monitoring company you will still need to know the master code of your burglar alarm.
- If you are not a handy person we advise you to hire a specialist. He will help you with all the steps that you need to take. You should ask your monitoring company for a phone number because this way you are sure that your code will not go somewhere you do not want to.
- If you do not have these important things: the user’s manual and the master code you should not try to change your security code because you will damage your house alarm system.
Conclusions & references
To make your job easy follow the steps we have displayed here on how to change a code for a security alarm.
Keep in mind that you should do this from time to time in order to make sure that your code does not end up in the hands of people who can break into your house or harm you family. Keep your family safe and follow all the instructions provided in the manual and the advices that come from the monitoring company you hired to help you.
If you need further details about an alarm system, feel free to visit my personal website on home alarm system guides. The article talks about a must have in every alarm system that aims to protect a residence.
A wider collection of information about an alarm system is at your disposal as well in the link given.