Tips on Preventing Septic System Back-up
Septic System Guidelines
There are ways to keep private septic systems from getting damaged. Mostly older houses have private septic systems and not public sewer systems. The way to find out if your house has a septic tank is to ask the owner if you are a renter; and ask the previous owner if you are the current owner paying mortgage.
Prevent septic tank 'back ups' and septic tank pumping by following the tips below.
- Do throw diapers in the trash.
- Do throw feminine products in the trash.
- Do use toilet paper that is "septic tank safe" such as 'Scott Toilet Tissue 1,000 Sheets.'
- Do flush toilet when there is just only water in the toilet bowl, to keep pipelines clear and to prevent the pipelines from backing up.
- Do flush toilet 3 times before pouring Rid-X down into the toilet.
- Do once a month flush 1 whole container of 'Rid-X' down the toilet then flush. Best results; flush Rid-X down the toilet when everyone in the home has went to sleep at night. (Follow instruction on the product label).
- Do flush again only water and not toilet paper, 3 times the next day; to help clear out the pipes.
Septic tank health tips
- Don't flush massive amounts of toilet paper (dispose of it in the trash).
- Don't flush any type of feminine products; panty liners, kotex, tampons, wrappers, or pads.
- Don't flush any diapers, throw them in the trash.
- Don't flush paper towels or baby wipes, put them in the trash.
- Don't put food down the kitchen drain or garbage disposal, throw in the trash. Garbage disposal is for very small amounts of food.
© Sabrina A.K.
My other article - Home Buying Tips
- What to Do When Buying Your Dream Home - First time Home Buyer Tips and Advice
Being a home owner is not that difficult, and you can get a First time home owner's grant, this is free money added to your money for your new home. The step for obtaining a home owners grant is easy.