The Best 12 Tools for Modern Gardening
How Productive is your Garden?
Science and technology have absolutely revolutionized the age old art of gardening. There are all sorts of new tools that are design to make your time in your garden not only easier but much more enjoyable. Whether it is a small box herb garden, a medium kitchen vegetable garden in the back yard or a full blown large scale crop farm, there is bound to be a tool for you out there that is a more efficient alternative to what you might be currently using. Below is a list of the best 12 modern gardening tools.
1. Planter DECO Self Watering Plant Pot
Description: One of the most important garden activities is watering the plants. Without moisture or water, your plants will simply wither and die. This is very likely especially where the garden owner is ever busy and rarely has time to water their plants. The Plant DECO Company have gifted such people with the self watering plant pot. The user needs to refill the pots with water whenever levels go below marked minimum. Its features include:
- Jade color with glossy finish
- Polypropylene material which withstands UV light
- It has a diameter of 5.5 inches and a 4.9 inch height allowing accommodation or many or large plants.
- Leak proof design.
- 4 ounces in weight making it light and thus portable.
I. It is fast and efficient.
II. Allows user to leave plants when going for overnight visits.
III. Great air circulation which is great for the plant’s development and reduces chances of fungal growth.
IV. Ideal for small gardens and decorative plants.
I. The self watering plants need constant refilling.
II. It is not suitable for large gardens.
2. Remington Electric Pole Saw
Description: Do you have a hedge, trees or a fence that you would like to reshape or get rid of? Then the electric pole saw is a great tool for you. This tool allows you to cut through bushes and branches quickly and neatly while maintaining a safe distance. Its features include:
- 2-in-1 detachable pole saw that allows user to remove saw easily for cleaning.
- 8-amp motor drive that drives the saw with minimum kickback effect during use.
- 10 inch bar which is great to reach far branches.
- Firm grip handle reinforced with textured rubber to prevent slipping.
- 11.9 pounds in weight.
I. It is light and thus easy to carry around.
II. The saw is easy to use and to maintain.
- III. The long bar maintains user safety and is handy for trimming high branches.
- IV. Low kick back despite the high power of the motor engine.
I. The bar is not adjustable and may cause an inconvenience when working on low laying bushes and branches.
3. Homegrown 3-Piece Ergonomic Hand Gardening Tool Set
Description: A good workman is his tools. This three piece set is a must have for any gardener deserving of the title and honor of plant care. The set has one trowel, one hand rake and a transplanter and cultivator. Some of the tools’ features include:
- The functional parts are made of Aluminum.
- Handles are large and are shaped in such a way that the user’s fingers and palms are on matching depressions for confortable use.
- The handles are covered with rubber for grip.
- Available in bright green.
- 1.5 pounds weight.
- Rust proof due to aluminum material.
- No wrist strain due to the ergonomic design
- The tools are small and thus limit the user to small gardens.
4. Suncast Garden Hand Tool Organizer
Description: This tool is very important for maintenance of order especially in medium and large sized farms. It is used to store hand tools such as shovels, trowels and the like. Its features include:
- 2 foot long
- Made out of resin
- Interlocking ends that allow two parts of the tools to be held by a single stud.
- the hooks can be tilted back to prevent slipping off of the tools
- 11.9 pounds in weight.
- Occupies minimum space in your tool shed
- Helps with easy storage and retrieval of tools.
- It is a strong and durable gardening tool offering long service to the user.
- Is heavy and cannot be carried around as the gardener works.
5. Bully Tools Gauge Garden Hoe
Description: Bully tools’ garden hoe is a traditional tool with a very useful modern twist. This is seen in the handle where the hoe has a triple wall fiber glass design. This makes the handle a whole lot stronger than wooden and metallic counterparts. Its features include:
- 6 ¼ inches handle and 4.75 inch head
- Handle s made out of fiber glass while the head is steel.
- Lifetime warranty.
It is a strong and durable gardening tool.
The head is likely to rust or become corroded with time and exposure to water.
6. DEWALT Brushless Premium Hammerdrill and Impact Driver Kit
Description: A hammerdrill is an important tool in modern gardening methods and comes in handy when setting up structures for plants and wve when fixing other broken or damaged tools. Features include:
- Stainless steel frame.
- 29 pounds in weight.
- Aluminum covering the steel frame.
- Cylindrical handles with rubber reinforcement for firm and comfortable grip.
- Rust proof and corrosion proof.
- Confortable handle minimizing straining after prolonged use.
It is a heavy gardening tool.
7. Good HOME Folding Stool With Tool Bag and Tool Set
Description: Sometimes after a long afternoon of tending to your rose bushes or apple trees you need to rest before continuing. This multipurpose gardening tool is a great thing to have with you for such situations. It doubles up as a tool bag and is sold together with a five piece tool set. Features of the stool itself include:
- It has a steel frame
- The tool bag part is detachable form the stool.
- The tool bag has over ten pockets for tools.
- 5.2 pounds in weight.
- It is strong and can handle heavy weights.
- It is light and very portable.
The stool has no back rest for the user to lean back on.
8. Chapin 20000 Poly Lawn and Hand Sprayer
Description: This is yet another tool that if you lack you do not really qualify to be called a gardener. A sprayer is important for supplying your plants with fertilizer, weed killers, pesticides and water. Chapin Poly Lawn hand sprayer is one of the best with features such as:
- 1 gallon capacity
- The tank is polyethylene and translucent.
- The filter has an anti-clog design.
- Ergonomic handle for easy and comfortable handling.
- It easy to clean and requires low maintenance.
- High capacity allowing carrying of a lot of fluid.
- The translucence allow monitoring of liquid.
- It is rust and corrosion proof.
- Can be used on any size of garden.
It is heavy when full and could cause back strain with continuous use.
9. Badger Gardening Gloves
Description: This is one of the most amazing new products on this list. The se gloves look and feel a lot like other gardening gloves but the tips of the right hand glove have claw-like structures at the finger tips. Features include:
- Permanently attached claws on one glove.
- Latex coated glove body
- The gloves are waterproof but washable.
- The material is elastic allowing comfortable fit on all hands.
- Minimize incidences of finger injury on the clawed side.
- The claws can be used in digging.
- The gloved are strong and durable.
They are biased against left handed users as the claws are on the right glove.
10. Garkit Fruit Picker
Description: The most exciting part of gardening is the harvesting. The Garkit fruit picker is a tool that is designed to help you especially in harvesting fruit. It has a fruit picking part and a basket to store the fruits.
- 1 Year warranty
- Cloth basket
- Toothed Steel picker
- The steel handle is continuous with the picker.
- The materials are non-toxic and do not affect the tree or the fruit.
- The picker does not damage the tree.
Cannot be used to reach high fruits in trees.
11. Bully Tools Sidewalk and Ice Chopper
Description: Ice and snow can be a major nuisance causing inconvenience and destruction of your garden. This tool is used to chop ice making it easier to remove. Its features include:
- 8 pounds in weight
- It is 57 inches long which makes it easier to use
- The blade used for chopping is made of steel.
- The handle pole is covered with rubber for grip and insulation.
- It is easy to use.
- No fuel or electricity requires.
- Rust and corrosion proof.
- Insulated handles keep the user warm
- It is heavy.
12. Hydrofarm Thirsty Light Curve
Description: This invention is proof than science can be used to solve any and every problem. The thirsty light curve is a simple device that is used to tell the gardener when the plants need more watering. It has a hydro sensitive pole that is planted into the same soil as the plants and when the water levels in the soil are low, the LED indicator at the top blinks rapidly to notify the person. Its features include:
- Green LED light at the top end of the curve
- The shaft has a sensor that picks up to five levels of water availability in soil.
- The shaft planted into the soil is brass and thus able to withstand corrosion and rusting.
- 30 day warranty.
- Helps keep the plants healthy by notifying the care giver when to water the plants
- It is easy to use and is more often than not accurate.
- Eliminates chances of overwatering or under-watering your plants.
The handle is weak and can break when handled roughly.
There you have it...
Each and every tool on this list has been designed with no detail spared to ensure that the tool is safe, efficient and user friendly. They are all available on Amazon.com with various offers on shipment and delivery. It goes without saying that purchasing any or all of these gardening tools is a worthy investment for anyone who owns or plans on owning a garden in the near future. After all, you need the best to get the best.