How to Make the Most of Your Time.
Every day we are met with a handful or tasks or chores that need to be done. It may be washing dishes, putting away clothes or paying a bill online. Every time you postpone a task or chore it builds up, creating the snowball effect making it less likely for you to want to do it later on.
These tasks take between 10 seconds to 10 minutes to complete if done "Now". If you choose to "do it later" and keep piling on the chores, you are less likely to do so when you see a pile or list of things to do.
The same rule applies at work. E.g. If you receive an email which needs to be responded to, if you take a few seconds to reply it won’t be forgotten later it won’t be left on your "things to do" list.
The rewards you are left with if you follow the "Do It Now" rule
- You have more time afterwards to relax
- You have more time to get more things done
- More time to spend with kids and family
- You spend the rest of your day or week feeling free, without the feeling that you have chores or tasks that need to be done.
- You won’t miss deadlines at work
- You will never pay late fees for unpaid bills etc.
As your “Things to do” list grows you are more likely to be turned off from the sight of the workload, so remember don’t “do it later”…. “DO IT NOW”