The Many Uses Of Toilet Paper
Although it is only ever talked about when it has run out or when you are in the store and need to buy it toilet paper is an essential part of our day to day lives; an unsung hero that is found in almost every occupied building in the world.
Everyone uses toilet paper from the lowly construction worker using the plastic porta potty to royalty sitting straining on the throne. We do our business wipe and flush without a thought for those little squares of paper before we wash our hands and get on with the rest of our day.
Over 85 million of those humble little rolls of paper are made every single day just for the purpose of wiping and flushing away; they sit there in the bathroom rolled around a little cardboard tube with their little perforated edges all that stands between them and the floor.
Although it is made for only one purpose toilet paper is versatile and has many useful applications outside of its original career path.
The Humble Toilet Roll
Top 10 Uses For Toilet Paper
Although toilet paper is made to wipe and flush it is a very versatile product and it is used for many different purposes around the home and it is often used as an emergency replacement in situations where a different product has run out and you need to buy more.
This is a list of the Top 10 uses for toilet paper other than wiping and flushing.
- Makeup removal. Toilet paper is often used as a substitute to remove makeup when cotton balls are not available.
- Food Wrapping. Toilet paper is widely used to wrap sandwiches and cakes in children's lunch boxes when freezer bags or paper towels are in short supply.
- Wiping Spills. Toilet paper is also used to wipe up small spills on surfaces either for speed or because you have run out of kitchen towels.
- Hankies. More often than not, toilet paper is used to blow or wipe your nose it is a much cheaper alternative than buying silk handkerchiefs or even paper tissues.
- Arts and Crafts. Toilet paper is used in a lot of arts and crafts in schools, even the cardboard tubes are utilized.
- Toilet Seat Cover. Toilet paper is often used in public toilets to cover the toilet seat before using the toilet for sanitary reasons.
- First Aid Kit. Toilet paper is often used to wipe open wounds and nose bleeds.
- Poop Scoop. Indoors or outdoors domestic pets need to use the toilet too, toilet paper is often used to pick up fouling from flooring or grass before flushing or binning.
- Taking notes. Often in public buildings or schools the toilet paper looks and has the same texture as tracing paper this paper is often used when there is no other paper handy to write down something that you need to remember such as a phone number.
- Spectacle Cleaner. toilet paper can often be seen in the hand of someone who wears eye glasses it is a great product to use for cleaning them.
Toilet Paper Prank
JBU Toilet Paper Tradition
More Toiler Paper Uses
As you can see from the list above toilet paper is a lot more versatile than most people think and its uses are limitless there are many more practical uses of toilet paper which all help make our lives that little bit easier and in some cases a lot more fun.
Toilet paper can often be found at major sporting events, Some supporters of sports like to throw a whole roll from the stands onto the pitch like a giant streamer.
Toilet roll is also used a lot in packaging when something soft is required to prevent fragile goods from breaking.
Toilet roll is often used by children and students to prank, thrown over trees, cars or even houses to cover them completely.
Toilet paper is a great and cheap alternative for stuffing or re stuffing soft toys.
Two cardboard rolls from toilet paper can be stuck together to make a cool pair of toy binoculars for your children.
Toilet paper often replaces wipes when polishing shoes, polishing mirrors and other surfaces.
Toilet roll is often used to wipe children's sticky hands and faces.
Halloween gives toilet paper another chance to shine and stick out from the crowd when it is wrapped around a guiser making him/her an ancient Egyptian mummy.
Toilet paper is often used as a recepticle for used chewing gum, users spit the gum into the paper before putting in a bin.
Toilet paper is again used a lot for catching and releasing spiders or other crawling insects, rather than touch them with their bare hands.
The uses of toilet paper go on and on, not bad for a product that was voted the most taken forgranted product ever invented over the zipper and the paperclip.
How do you wipe?
Before you wipe and flush do you Scrunch or fold your toilet paper?
There are many many more uses for toilet paper and we take it forgranted every day the only times that we notice it are when we run out or when we have nothing else to hand to wipe something down.
In my opinion Toilet paper should be crowned king or queen of the household accessories and should be given the credit that it deserves.
Three cheers for the mighty loo roll, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray.