Saving Water with the Toilet Sink Combo
Go Green with Water Efficiency!
Anyone trying to go green, should have onserving water pretty high on their agenda. An easy way to do this is to combine your sink with your toilet (and by that I do NOT mean peeing in the sink!). This more efficient system uses the same water to wash your hands and flush the toilet. You can save water each time you flush!
This improved system has been used in Japan for some time, and is now available for you!
An added benefit to this system is that you can now put a sink into very small bathrooms that could not fit one before and still be able to wash your hands.
The Sinkpositive Sink/Toilet Combo - Go Green with Toilet Efficiency
SinkPositive is a toilet accessory that retrofits nearly any existing toilet into a toilet-sink combo unit. No need to call a plumber - YOU can install this unit in just a couple minutes and you don't even need any tools to do it.
The fact of the matter is that your toilet, as it now sits, uses perfectly clean water to flush with. This water is as sanitary as the water coming out of the sink. The benefits of this combination unit are plenty and prove, as units like these are being widely used in Japan.
The system is simple, when the toilet is flushed the water pumps up through the pipe to the sink, automatically turning the sink on and drains down to the bowl. The sink will turn off automatically.
How It Works - Watch a Video of the Toilet Sink in Action
Do You Conserve Water?
Do you make an effort to conserve water in your home?
The Benefits of the Toilet Sink
8 Reasons This Thing is Just Great
- The same water is used for flushing and washing allowing you to save water - helping the environment.
- In parts of the world where water is scarce, using the same water for flushing and washing encourages hand washing which is overlooked so the water can be used for something else.
- A tiny bathroom that only has a toilet can now have a toilet and a sink!
- You just might save a few pennies on your water bill.
- The sink turns itself reminding the user to wash their hands (especially good for children).
- Because it turns off when the toilet no longer needs it on, a water leak in the system is easily detected (when the sink runs and runs)
- Because the sink turns itself on and off, there is no need to touch the knobs which are often covered in germs, and also difficult for people with arthritis or other physical conditions.
- Homes with well water can save water as well as the electricity needed to pump it.
The SinkPositive Toilet Sink
Washing Hands has been shown to be the number one way to improve personal health and reduce disease transmission.(United States Centers of
Disease Control and Prevention)
Tips on How to Conserve Water - What YOU can do to conserve
Learn other ways you can save water in your home and activities.
- 100+ Ways To Conserve - Water Use It Wisely
- Water - Use It Wisely | Water Conservation Tips and Resources
Water-saving tips and resources that educate consumers. Water - Use it Wisely national water conservation campaign communicates simple ways to save water.
- Water Conservation - National Geographic
Water is a precious resource in our environment. Growing populations and ongoing droughts are squeezing our water resources dry, causing natural habitat degradation and impacting our everyday use of water.
- 25 Ways to save water at home
Water conservation for homeowners, tips for easy ways to save water in the home and products that will help you do it.
The Sink Twice
SinkTwice also makes a toilet sink but it has a few differences worth noting before buying this one. This toilet sink fits a smaller tank. If your tank is over 16.8", it simply won't fit properly and you will need to buy an additional expansion kit (sold seperatly). Also, the bay of the sink is smaller and set off to the right. In some rooms this may be fine, but if the easier to access corner is the left, then this may be annoying.
So, consider your choices. Overall this is also a very well made sink and will save you water for years. I really like the style of this one looking more domestic and less dental office.
The Sink Twice
For The Do-It-Yourselfer - DIY: How to Make a Your Own Combo Unit
If you are more likely build one than to buy one, there are instructions available online as to how to make your own toilet sink top device.
What are your thoughts on the toilet/sink combo?
Would you use a Sink/Toilet Combo?
If someone gave you one, would you use a Sink/Toilet Combo?