Top 5 Best Air Purifier Review
Best Air Purifiers
Welcome to the Top 5 Best Air Purifier Review. This page gives you the information you need to help you choose the best air purifier for your circumstances.
The air around us is full of particles. These particles are made from materials such as dead skin cells, dust, and pollen to name a few. Some people may need air cleaning or purification systems to filter out these particles due to allergies, some people just don't like the thought of breathing in the particles around us.
The following hub will show the top 5 best reviewed air purifiers to help you decide on what is best for your circumstances.
There is also information on this hub on how to choose air purifiers, what to look out for and basic functions which you may require?
The top five air purifiers listed are in no particular order.
What Do Air Purifiers Actually Do?
In layman's terms air purifiers simply suck in the air around you, filter it, clean it and push it back out. This means the particles hovering around you are purified and clean for you to breathe.
Air cleaners are very popular nowadays and a major reason for the owning one is because of the ability to remove pollutants such as the ones listed below, and due to the elimination of odors.
- Pet Dander
- Mold Spores
How to Select an Air Cleaner for Your Circumstances
The first question which may need answering is if you're already using forced air in your home for heating or air-conditioning, one of the best ways to make sure the air is clean in your home is to add a filtration module to your existing system.
These can vary in price but you will probably be paying around $1,000 but this cost can rise due to installation complexities and labor charges. These units will make sure the air is filtered all around the house via your existing air system.
Owners that don't have forced-air systems will require portable air purifiers. There are a number of different types of air purifiers to choose from.
Here are 3 important factors which will influence your choice in buying the right air purifier for your home.
You want to find an air purifier that has "high efficiency particulate air filters". This is also known as a HEPA filter. A HEPA filter will trap 99.99% of particles that are 0.3 microns or larger.
The size of the rooms you wish to purify will make a difference on the air purifier you will buy. If you purchase a small purifier for a large room, it will not do the job. It will not be able to purify the correct amount of air necessary. Most manufacturers will inform you of the coverage in cubic square feet.
This is slightly connected to coverage. If your purifier is too small your room space, you will need to run the purifier at it's highest setting for it to attempt to clean the air.
This can make a lot of noise. So when determining what air purifier to choose from it may be beneficial to get one with a slightly larger capacity than is required for your room.
This means that all the air will be cleaned when set on low. Making sure your air is cleaned and will little noise will be extremely beneficial to you.
An alternative to air purifiers is an electrostatic purifier. These use an electrically charged plate to capture pollutants. But these are not without their controversies.
Electrostatic air purifiers can emit ozone, these can cause issues for those who suffer from asthma and other respiratory conditions.
Due to this the Consumer Product Safety Commission stated that "We found that keeping ozone accumulation below 50 parts per billion is sufficient to protect human health".
So for those considering an electrostatic purifier, you may like to make sure its ozone emission levels don’t exceed that recommendation.
- See All 4+ Star Rated Air Purifiers Here
Online shopping for HEPA Air Purifiers from a great selection of Home & Kitchen; Heating, Cooling & Air Quality & more at everyday low prices.
Winix PlasmaWave 5300 Air Cleaner Model
Winix are a well respected brand for the air purifier market. The PlasmaWave 5300 covers a range of 350 sq ft so will be suitable for a bedroom or large family room.
The key features of the Winix 5300 are as follows:
- True-HEPA Filtration
- Odor Control Natural Carbon pre-filter,
- Control of Household Odors, Pollutants and Allergens.
- Pre-filter process will capture larger particles such as hair. This allows for a reduction in time for cleaning, making it efficient and extending the life of the HEPA filter.
- PlasmaWaveTechnology - Winix's own PlasmaWave (TM) works differently than most air purifier technology. Rather than having ions which weigh down particles, to be vacuumed up later, the PlasmaWave at a molecular level will break down the particles even more, without the weight the particles can be filtered rather than falling in the atmosphere, thus great for odors, allergens and chemical vapors.
- Auto Mode will continuously monitor air quality and will adjust the setting accordingly for optimal performance. Any new contaminants in the air will be quickly removed.
- While your asleep the unit has a lower fan speed and dimly lit displays to ensure you are not disturbed while it's in operation.
- Ultra-low operating costs and energy usage with the qualification of ENERGY STAR
Well reviewed on Amazon with 329 reviews (at time of writing) giving it a star rating of 4.3 out of 5.
Honeywell Long-Life Pure HEPA QuietCare Air Purifier, 17000
This Honeywell air purifier is portable. This unit will have no problems cleaning the air in a closed room as large as 168 square feet.
The Key features Honeywell 17000 are as follows:
- Continuously circulates the room's air, this is done about 6 times and hour.
- Two filters will work together to remove molds, smoke, dust, pollen, animal dander, bacteria, viruses, and odors.
- Great for asthmatics and allergy sufferers,
- True HEPA filter that will effectively trap 99.97% of tiny particles while a pre-filter will reduce odors.
- Honeywell's IntelliCheck system - Each filter has a button which allows you to check the remaining life of the filters. These indicators will let you know of the filers need changing?
- Permenant HEPA filter (which you can vacuum) will lasts between 1 to 3 years, with the pre-filter lasting three months. Filter replacement is simple, and replacement filters can be ordered separately.
- Three speeds, which are exceptionally quiet, especially considering how powerful the unit is.
- Five-year warranty against defects
Great reviews on Amazon with 323 customer reviews (at time of writing) giving it 4 out of 5 stars.
Hoover Air Purifier with TiO2 Technology - WH10600
This Hoover air purifier has an advanced in built air freshener to fight odor. This unit is great for pet areas. This Hoover air purifier is Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) certified to provide superior air cleaning in rooms up to 79 square feet.
The key features of the Hoover WH10600 are as follows:
- HEPA Filter - Begin feeling the relief from dust, dander and pollen.
- Hoover removable and rinsable pre-filter - First defense in the multi-stage filtration process. It will catch lint, pet hair, and any other large particles, thus making rhe job easier for the HEPA filter.
Superb for the reduction in smoke and pets odors. Additional charcoal filter will absorb and eliminate airborne odors.
- Ionizer - Emits negative ions to grab airborne particles and pollutants so they're easily trapped by the HEPA filter.
- Produces no ozone.
- IntelliSense Control System - This unit will sense air quality and adjust fan speed accordingly. The purpose of this is to maximize air cleaning while energy use is at a minimum.
- Remote control allowing you to manage settings from up to 25 feet away.
Good reviews on Amazon with 173 customer reviews (at time of writing) giving it 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology
Claimed by Winix to be the 'Ultimate' in Air Cleaning. This unit is for large room covering 284 square feet. This is the highest featured model Winix have ever produced. The WAC9500 has been developed and designed with per owners in mind, although this air purifier is great for household without pets.
The key features if the Winix WAC9500 are:
- Five stage cleaning process - First starts with a washable Anti-Bacterial pre-filter, followed by the True HEPA filter (99.99% effective) then on to the Nano Silver Anti-Microbial Treatment, which is then processed by the Washable AOC (Advanced Odor Control) Carbon and finally the PlasmaWave Technology kicks in.
- AOC (stated above) will absorbs and neutralizes any offensive pet and household odors. This system is made from natural coconut shell. Very effective at removing ammonia.
- True-HEPA Filter
- Winix's own PlasmaWaveTM (see description previously written)
- Smart Sensors - These will monitor the presence of particles and odor. It will adjust it's settings automatically providing optimal performance.
- Programmable Remote Control allows adjustments from anywhere in the room.
Fantastic reviews on Amazon with 136 customer reviews (at time of writing) giving it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Hamilton Beach True Air Allergen-Reducing Air Cleaner
The Beach True Air is the smallest in this selection. Very compact and easy to move around. It will easily clean the air in romms sized up to 160 square feet. Pretty good for something so compact.
The key features of the Beach True Air are:
- Allergen-reducing air cleaner for large rooms
- Permanent HEPA filter to remove airborne allergens
- Filter can easily be vacuumed, no replacement filters required
- 3 ultra-quiet settings
- No Ionizer
- Cheapest of all 5 units on this page.
Very well reviewed on Amazon with 1,008 reviews (at time of writing) giving it a star rating of 4.3 out of 5.