Top 5 Best Juicers Under 100 Dollars 2017
It is difficult to beat the taste and health benefits of a fresh juice drink. That makes owning a juicer an essential in my opinion.
You don't have to pay the Earth for an effective machine, however, there are some very capable units at affordable prices if you know what to look for.
Pretty much all extractors under 100 dollars operate centrifugally. These units work by grating up the food with blades until it is a pulp and then spinning it very quickly. The centrifugal forces push the food against a screen which filters the liquid from the pulp.
The two best things about centrifugal machines are that they are firstly very quick, and secondly, they don't harm your bank balance too badly.
If you want something that's quieter, more efficient, and can cope with a wider range of foods than just fruit and vegetables, however, then you'd be better off with a masticating juicer, but they will generally cost you much more than a 100 dollars.
The size of the chute can also be a factor that some buyers might want to consider. Most machines have narrow chutes, so you have to chop up your fruit or vegetables before you insert them. Some have extra wide feeding mouths, however, meaning that you can drop in whole foods, such as entire apples.
Below is my list of selections for the top 5 best juicers under 100 dollars in 2017.
I love to create this green juice shake made from kale, spinach, cucumber and wheatgrass. The nutrients in the juice help me recover after a tough workout. The Kale Banana Smoothie at LYFE Kitchen is very similar to my recipe and is fantastic.— Troy Polamalu
#1 Best Juicer Under 100 Dollars: The Breville BJE200XL: Fast and Efficient!
In my opinion, the Breville BJE200XL is the best juice extractor under $100 that is available at present. Its unique cyclonic system is powered by a 700 watt motor operating at 14,000 RPM to produce high quality, flavorsome, healthy drinks in an impressively short time.
The BJE200XL is more efficient and faster than pretty much any other product in this price range. The feed tube is extra-wide, allowing you to insert whole fruits and vegetables without having to cut them up first.
Dishwater safe and easy to clean, there is also a custom cleaning brush included when you buy this machine via Amazon. The Breville is also compact, measuring 9-1/2 by 8-3/4 by 16 inches, meaning that it doesn't take up much counter space and can be easily stored when not in use.
Breville BJE200XL Review
- Plan ahead. Make a grocery list so that you know what and how much fruit and vegetables you need for your desired drink(s). If you are planning to make juice in the morning before you go to work or college, you may want to cut up your fruit and veggies the night before to save time.
- Wash your produce thoroughly and cut it up so that it is an appropriate size for your juicer. Extractors vary as regard the size of produce pieces they will accept.
- Feed your produce into the juicer. Softer fruits prefer slower speeds. Reed your machine's manual for detailed instructions regarding speeds.
- If the pulp is still damp after juicing, run it through the extractor again to get more juice.
- Drink juice as soon as possible for a fresh taste and maximum nutritional value. Juice can be stored for up to 2 days if done correctly.
- Clean extractor. Some are dishwasher friendly, others have to be cleaned by hand with warm soapy water, check your user manual for details.
Personally, I like to juice up several different kinds of fruit and vegetables - which may include various combinations of bananas, red bell peppers, apples, carrots, celery, broccoli, spinach, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.— David H. Murdock
Juicing 101: Juicing Tips for Beginners!
Buying The Right Juicer for Your Needs: Factors You May Want to Consider
Your budget range and value for money. Prices vary considerably.
Size of juicer for storage/counter space purposes.
Size and range of the fruit that the extractor can work with.
Build of the juicer and durability. Most are constructed from stainless steel.
Usability and easiness of cleaning the machine (is it dishwasher safe?).
Versatility of the extractor in terms of what it can juice.
The Waring JEX328: Sleek and Affordable!
Great for juicing citrus fruits, the Waring JEX328 gives you a high-speed unit that will provide you with healthy drinks for a low price.
This sleek product has a brushed stainless-steel housing, making it easy to clean as well as attractive in appearance. The compact strainer, pulp collector, lid, and juice collector are all dishwasher-safe.
Waring JEX328 Demonstration
I don't have the self-discipline for diets; I break rules I set for myself, so I try and eat more healthily, juice more, and avoid sugar.— Sally Phillips
Compact and Inexpensive: The Black & Decker JE2200B!
Another inexpensive machine, the 400 watt Black & Decker JE2200B gives you excellent value for money.
Capable of quickly juicing all your favorite fruit and vegetables, this machine also has slip-resistant feet, an integrated pulp container keeping it relatively compact, plus it is easy to clean.
Black & Decker JE2200B Review
If life gives you lemons, make some kind of fruity juice.— Conan O'Brien
The L'Equip 306150: Easy to Operate and Clean!
Another great value product is the L'Equip 306150, which produces high quality beverages using its patented pulp ejection system.
As well as having a powerful motor capable of generating speeds up to 10,000 RPM, it is easy to operate and clean.
Its compact design makes it ideal for those with limited counter space or storage area.
L'Equip Mini Pulp Ejector 110.5 Demonstration
I squeeze oranges every morning to make juice.— Utada Hikaru
Meet The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth: Extra Wide Chute for Whole Foods!
Hamilton Beach have a great reputation for juicers and deservedly so.
This Big Mouth Extractor has an extra wide chute, meaning that you don't have to spend lots of time cutting your food up into little pieces before you juice them.
This efficient machine is powered by an 800 watt motor and has an extra large pulp bin, which allows you to use it for longer.
Removable dishwater safe components make this easy to clean too!
I'm a really huge fan of papaya juice.— Andy Milonakis
Tips on Storing Juice
- Keep juice in the fridge. It was normally keep for 1 to 2 days - 3 days at the very most. If you go traveling, transport the juice in a cooler to stop it getting spoiled.
- Store in an airtight container. Glass or BPA-free plastic are ideal materials for the container's construction.
- Oxygen can diminish the juice, so fill your container as far as possible.
- Keep the juice stored away from sources of heat or light. Somewhere dark and cool is best.
- Freezing is not desirable, but if you do freeze you should do it immediately after juicing. Frozen juice should be thawed and drunk within a week or so of freezing.
Everyone should wake up and have a fresh-squeezed orange every day. By having a fresh glass of orange juice with American oranges, you are supporting the local economy, you have all the vitamin C you need in a day, and you support the environment because you don't use any plastic from bottles or bags.— Jose Andres Puerta
One More Good Juicer Under $100: The Cuisinart CCJ-500!
If you are looking for something a little more affordable, then my second suggestion would be to take a look at the Cuisinart CCJ-500, which is a reliable, efficient, and easy to use machine for a very good price.
It also comes in a variety of vibrant colors, including yellow, natural, dark plaid, chocolate, and nickel.