How to Buy the Best Electric ChainSaw?
There are so many features that are coming out as we speak; these features will continuously reinforce what a current model does and make the next model do a much better job. The primary thing to consider when buying the best electric chain saw is finding the item that best fits your purpose. For what will you use the chain saw? How open will you use it? Can you really not give up on a specific feature? Taking these into account will really filter your options.
To help you even further, take a look at the following information. Take it as the “ultimate guide” in buying the best electric chain saw for you.
The Ultimate Buying Guide: How to Buy the Best Electric Chain Saw
First things’ first. You need to factor in the following when buying a chain saw that best suits your needs. Think of it as a check list of considerations that are important and at least things that will impact your purchase.
- FEATURES AND CAPABILITIES– to factor these in, you must first need to clear what features in a chain saw do you most certainly need? Do you have considerably large wood-work and need a relatively long bar on the chain saw? Do you need something to take with you on-the-go? Only look for the features that you really need. Having a high-powered motor is good, but in a few years or a few model generations that “high-power” will no longer be relevant. The secret to buying wisely is to ultimately factor in your very specific needs.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT – Do you need a chain saw that you have to carry with you on-the-road? What is the ideal size and weight for you to take the saw with you in your travels? And most importantly: how big or heavy a chain saw do you need to actually cut through the wood you wish to cut? Size and weight rarely come into play for most buyers, so be wiser than usual, and take these into account.
- DURABILITY AND POWER – when buying your chain saw it is very important to factor in its durability as well as its power. These purchases, supposedly, are investments made by you. You want to have the most out of them, and even though proper care and usage is always advised, you want their durability and power set pretty high. This said, you need to factor in the way you are going to use your machine: are you going to use them in a frequent, day-to-day basis? You might want to opt for bigger, heavier-duty saws for that. Or are you simply looking for a chain saw for part-time, recreational use?
- SAFETY AND SECURITY – safety and security should be a first in your considerations. You don’t want to risk your safety in using a chain saw just to save a few bucks. Usually, you want to look at how a specific model of chain saw operates exactly. Know its parts. And recognize if it has some safety and security features installed. A good measure is finding if the touch of the handle (usually rubber) is natural to the hand. You want this because this is the part of the saw with which you manoeuvre.
- WARRANTY – you can never go wrong with warranties. You want to find a chain saw that has a lengthy run of warranty. One year is ideal, but if you can secure more years, that’s good. Although users are careful with their tools, it is always ideal to have a warranty to back you up on any potential and as-yet-undetected defects on the chain saw.
In taking all of this into account, you must also set a very clear budget frame. How much are you willing to spend? How much are you able to cash out on a single chain saw? Ideally, electric chain saws cost around one hundred to three hundred dollars, while their gas-powered, heavier-duty counterparts cost around six hundred. Make sure you also take in consideration the necessary accessories you need for your chain saw: gloves, chain casing/covers, etc.
In finding out about these factors, you have your best chance in looking up reviews online. The internet is a great resource of finding information about a specific product. And as I have mentioned, reviews are typically first-hand descriptions/recounting of one’s experience with a specific product; if the product experience for a specific reviewer is good, they will recommend it, if it is not, they will disapprove it.
One bit of tip to share you, however, is to not take other reviews so seriously. One reviewer might find one specific product very efficient and capable, while another very poor and claiming to be a waste of money. Because of the differing voices, reading reviews can end you up in a bigger confusion than your original situation.
A great rule of thumb is to just follow your instincts. Read the reviews and get excited about a product. Validate the information by doing a quick sweep-search on the internet. Check if the specific product fits your need and can be covered entirely by your budget. Move on ahead and purchase it, finally.
Take this buying guide as a starting point for your buying experience. Compare prices and products. Take in and out the features you want on your chain saw and the features that you don’t want on your chain saw. This way, you are getting real value for your money.
Regardless if you are using it for business or for recreation, chain saws are robust instruments in cutting through woods, concrete, or even ice. It is such a terrific tool in carpentry, furniture-making and other tasks that there have been room for a wide array of brands, specifications and features that it starts to get all dizzying for the beginner.
Commit to memory that, as in every other purchase, gadgets and appliance in particular, chain saws similarly improve over the course of generations of models, brand after brand, unit after unit, and the next chain saw will definitely be better than the one before.
That being said, you don’t need to update to every unit because there is simply no single chain saw that will do every job. You only need to understand what exactly your needs are. Take into consideration if for example you are a professional woodworker or you are simply taking a shot at redefining your home furniture. Are you logging for a small fireplace? Or are you supplying lumbers for large projects? Maybe you are cutting through for special purposes? Understanding what need you are exactly trying to fulfil will really filter your options and land you on the perfect chain saw.
Scroll back to our ultimate buying guide to finding the best chain saw and enjoy the features you actually look for in your tool/machine. Remember that cutting through woods is easiest when you have the perfect tool for the job.