Various organic pest control Products and guide to follow
Organic Pesticide is the perfect reply to the all disadvantages produced by the high-end chemical pesticides. Application of organic pesticides not all helps in developing healthy vegetables and plants but also makes it tastier and natural.
What is the usage of a pesticide?
Pesticide, the substance used for destroying insects or worms that is harmful to cultivated plants and its application on the vegetables and plants in excess is one the serious concern that is faced by the humanity. At one side it is almost impracticable to do cultivation without pesticide’s application and at other side its usage is impacting the consumer’s health.
The chemicals borates, silicates, sulfur etc. are the most commonly used pesticides. Some pesticides also include high toxic compounds such as arsenic, copper, lead and tin salts. These chemicals help the plant to fight against the diseases such as Blights, Cankers, Rots, Rusts, fungus infection, bacterial infection etc.
The usage of these inorganic chemicals has the advantage of giving immediate results but with a threat to the human health safety. The vegetables/fruits, if not washed properly before its consumption can result in the intake if toxic and further can lead to major diseases such as Cancer in long term. Some chemicals even don’t go away with one or two wash. These concerns forced the scientists and the cultivators to think beyond the traditional pesticide application and came up with an answer in the name of Organic Pesticide.
Pests affected plants
Advantages of Organic Pesticides:
- Maintains soil fertility
- Plants not harmed
- Reduces human health hazards
- Increase crop yield by 15-20 %
- Saves environment from chemical pollution.
- Safe to be used indoors as well as outdoor.
- Harmless to pets, children and plants
- Effective for most of the insects
Neem Oil Spray and Monterey Garden Insect Spray are the effective organic pesticides available in the market now. Both the spray comes in concentrate form, hence can last for a very long time.
1. Neem Oil
Neem oil is developed from the seeds of the Neem tree. The Neem seeds are pressed to produce the Neem oil. Application of Neem oil is an effective natural method to control the fungal diseases, insects and mites on plants. Natural Neem oil includes more than 40 active compounds and compound such as Azadirachtin helps to repel and kill the plant eating insects and disease. The application of Neem oil leaves a natural shine on the plant leaves and does not clogs the stomata on leaves that is required for the plants to take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen and water vapor. The consumption of Neem oil by the insects in their hormonal system damage and prevents insects from growing and in turn controls their life cycle. Dyna-Gro Pure Neem Oil is one of the best products available in the market.
Features of Dyna-Gro Pure Neem Oil:
- Biodegradable foliar spray
- Same effect of an insecticide, miticide, fungicide, and nematacide
- Produced from Indian tree Neem seeds and 100% pure and authentic.
- Plant growth regulator, inhibits insect reproduction.
- Non-toxic to birds, mammals
- Fight against fungal problems.
- Costs about $11.90.
How to prepare neem oil Spray?
A. Equipment and Material required:
- Solo 418 1-Liter One-Hand Pressure Sprayer
- Dyna-Gro Pure Neem Oil Water
- Liquid soap
B. Directions of Usage:
- In one quart of water, add 1.5 teaspoons of liquid soap. Stir until thick foam appears.
- Add 4 teaspoons of Neem oil concentrate to the above mixture and stir well.
- Add one gallon of water to the above mixture and mix thoroughly. Make sure that there is no oil float present.
- Fill the above mixture in the pressure sprayer and spray it on the all parts of the plant.
2. Monterey Garden Insect Spray
Monterey Garden Inspect Spray($27.32) is one other effective product available in the market to fight against the plant insects in an organic way. This inspect spray is a bacterial product produced by fermentation method that can be used on the ornamental and edible plants up to the day of harvest. The Monterey Garden Inspect Spray also helps in fighting against the broadleaf weeds which is a regular threat to the plant growth.
NOTE: After mixing the concentrate with water, the mixture is effective only for 24 Hrs. Hence, mix only whatever is required; else it can lead to wastage of the concentrate.
How to prepare Monterey Garden Insect Spray for the garden?
A. Equipment and Materials required:
- Trigger sprayer, hand-held, backpack, or hose-end sprayer.
B. Directions of Usage:
- Add 1/8th cup of concentrate to one gallon of water and stir.
- Fill the above mixture in the sprayer and spray it over all parts of the plant.
NOTE: Amount of concentration can be used more, depending on the insects to be killed.
3. Mint and hot red pepper Spray
- one cup of chopped mint leaves
- one cup of green onion tops
- 1/2 cup of chopped hot-red pepper
- garden sprayer
- 1/2 cup of liquid detergent
Put into a blender one cup of chopped mint leaves, one cup of green onion tops, and 1/2 cup of chopped hot-red pepper. Add 1/2 cup of water to assist in blending. Pour solution into a gallon of water. Add 1/2 cup of liquid detergent (preferably lemon-Flavour). Dilute by adding 1/2 cup of mixture to a quart of plain tap water.
If the plant is small, dunk it in this solution, otherwise strain it and fill this liquid into the garden sprayer and spray on to the affected parts of plants. This is the better ailment for killing insects which eat the leaves, flowers and other parts of a plant.
Please Vote your opinion here:
According to your gardening experiences, which type of pesticide sprays you will prefer to use mostly?
About the video and procedure steps Picture:
In the attached video, you can see the preparation of pepper spray.But in my preparation guide, I had added two more ingredients such as as chopped green onion tops and chopped mint leaves to give extra killing effect of pests in plants.Do the same steps i had given here.For practical procedure you can watch this video and add other ingredients as shown in picture. Happy organic pest Control!.