Vinegar Cleaning Tips
20 Vinegar Cleaning Tips
White distilled vinegar is an inexpensive, economically safe and environmentally friendly product that is an extremely effective when used as a cleanser. Because of its low acidity it is effective for killing most mold, bacterias, and germs. Its also a great deodorizer. I narrowed down my list of tips to twenty, there are so monay I would be here forever if I listed them all.
1. To clean your refrigerators shelves and walls use a solution of half vinegar and half water.
2. To clean a grease splattered oven down window douse it with full strength vinegar. Keep the door open, in about 20 minutes wipe clean.
3. To get rid of lime build up on chrome sink fixtures, use a paste made of 2 tbsp salt and 1 tsp vinegar.
4. To get rid of those deposits in a tea kettle add 1/2 cup vinegar to the kettle and fill to top. Let soak overnight.
5.To clean brass, copper and pewter, use a paste of equal parts salt and vinegar.
6. Spray a solution of half water and half vinegar to the surface of a grill to make cleaning it easier.
7. Wipe your tub, tile, shower curtain and door with full strenght vinegar to remove grime, mildew and scum.
8. to make a soapy film disappear from your countertop wipe with a solution of water and vinegar.
9. Freshen the air in the bathroom or kitchen by spraying the air with a solution of 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 cup water.
10. To reduce soap bubbles in a steam cleaner add about 1/4 cup vinegar. To remove detergent residue and make carpets stay fresher longer use the same amount in the rinse water.
11. To clean your indoor/outdoor carpet add 1 cup vinegar to a bucket of water and scrub with a brush.
12. Remove paint from a window use undiluted vinegar. Let vinegar soften paint before you try scraping it off with a razor edge tool.
13. clean wood paneling with a solution of 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water and a soft cloth.
14. Clean hardened paint brushes by soaking them for an hour in vinegar and then simmering them in a pot. Rinse clean.
15. To clean and deodorize urine on a matress sponge with a vinegar and water solution. While still damp, sprinkle it with baking soda and let dry. Vacuum after it is dry.
16. To deodorize your garbage disposal ppour 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup heated vinegar. let sit for 10 minutes then rinse with hot water.
17. Wipe your stained and stinky plastic containers with a cloth damped by vinegar.
18. To get rid of fruit flies set out a small dish of vinegar.
19. To clean shower door tracks fill them with vinegar and let sit overnight. Pour hot water on the tracks and scrub with a toothbrush.
20. For an inexpensive floor cleaner, amke a solution of 3 drops of dishwashing liquid, 1/3 cup vinegar, 1/3 cup alcohol, and 1/3 cup water. Spray sparingly.
What Makes Vinegar Such A Good Cleaner?
Vinegar has become known as not only a condiment but a terrific cleaner. We know how it taste as an additive to lets say, a salad, but what is in this product that makes it such a good cleaner?
To begin with it is a great disinfectant. It takes care of household bacteria's such as wound and surgical sites infections along with bacteria such as salmonella and E. coli.
It also cuts grease, deodorizes and fights stains. It's the acid base in vinegar that makes it such a handy household cleaner.
Add to all of this the fact that vinegar is environmentally friendly and you have an all-around winner.
Adding a Fragrance to Vinegar
Now that you have decided to try cleaning with vinegar it's time to think about the smell. I don't know about you but I am not fond of the vinegary smell hanging around in my house.
All you basically have to do is pick a fragrance that you would like to permeate your home. Something lie roses, cinnamon, lavender, lime, mint, or orange.
Grab yourself a few bottles, place the materials for the type of scene you want, for example, if you are a cinnamon lover, place several cinnamon stick into then bottle (the more you use the stronger the scent) fill the bottle with vinegar, put on the lid and set aside for ten day. Then, after ten day, open bottle strain with cheesecloth and you have a wonderfully scented natural cleaner ready to use.
- Vinegar Cleaning With Tips and Health Benefits
There are many uses for vinegar. You can use it for everyday cleaning, clear a drain or improve your health. This environmentally friendly product should be a staple in every person's home.
- How to Remove Limescale With Vinegar
Learn to harness the secret power of vinegar to remove limescale around the home. The hard water deposits can be effortlessly removed with the right kind of vinegar cleaning.
- DIY Decorating - Staining Wood with Vinegar
Vinegar never looked so good! Chevron kitchen table tutorial using vinegar and steel wool. The results are lovely, natural, and won't break the bank. Use this simple trick to revamp most wood items.
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help With Weight-Loss?
Apple cider vinegar is a natural way to lose weight without side effects. It's also a very easy-to-follow routine for weight-loss. Get started with this guide for losing weight with ACV.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: A Daily Drink for Detoxificatio...
Apple cider vinegar can be used as a health drink and remedy for various illnesses and conditions. Organic, unpasteurized, unfiltered ACV with
- The Pros and Cons of Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight ...
All your questions about apple cider vinegar answered: When and how often to drink? What to mix it with? How can it help you lose weight healthily?