Ways to Prevent Cockroaches from Coming Into Your Home
Cockroaches are ugly and they have the worst looking legs ever. They crawl over anything and they have been to the dirtiest places. They shop at your drainage system, your garbage, walk on dog’s poo that was on the street and then they come to your house and feast on your food. The worst that cockroaches can do is that they carry germs that will make you sick.
So how do you get rid of them?
You can spray them and let them choke to death. They die fast with this spray. This spray is odorless and it is non staining. So it won't choke you as well while you are treating the cockroaches.
Another alternative is to send the pest control guy over to do the job for you but it can be costly.
All of the above are the chemical approach to kill cockroaches. They are an effective solution but just one problem, if you have pets and babies at home, it is definitely not a good way because they can be hazardous depended on the amount that you use.
So what are the non toxic natural ways to prevent cockroaches?
You can try these which are environment friendly:
1) Baking soda/soda bicarbonate
Just like borax, you can mix them with sugar on a 1:1 ratio. Then use a bottle cap to fill in some water and place them next to the mixture. This will give cockroaches gas and kill them.
Cockroaches don't like the smell of lemongrass but it definitely brings good smell to your house. Reminds me of Thai food.
3) Bay leaves
This also keep the cockroaches away because of it's smell.
Things to do at home.
There are also other things around the house which you can do to prevent cockroaches from invading your house:
1) Put away cardboard boxes and newspapers from laying around the house because cockroaches love to breed on them. So keep them all shut in a cupboard will keep them away.
2) Keep your house in a tip top condition. Make sure things around the house are clean and tidy.
3) Install door sweeps to keep the cockroaches from coming in from the bottom of the door.
4) Seal every cracks in your house because cockroaches love to hide there.
5) Don't leave excess dog food around. You can use a dog food dispenser where you can program the portion of food for your dog and it is easy to clean.
What if all fails?
If all fails then try putting on a cockroach suit and hope to scare them away with a now much more bigger cockroach in the house!