Ways to cut down on your cleaning bill~what your maid wishes you would do.
Things you should do to help your cleaners
Please keep in mind these are all mainly meant to be humorous. It is true that most cleaning services will charge you based on the average time it takes to clean your house, so if you can lower the time you can lower your costs.
1. If your pet defecates in your house, do not let it set there for two weeks and harden to your floor, maids don't like to clean it. It isn't their pet and some maids just want clean it.
2. STOP wearing black socks on white carpet, if you really have a problem with naked feet then get slippers. Do realize how long it takes to get off all those little fuzzy lint balls off of your carpet.
3. Don't use so much hairspray that your maid sticks to the floor. Some bathrooms are like walking into a sticky mouse trap...you want your made to clean not become your pet.
4. Once in a while, spray the inside of your shower with some sort of after shower spray....helps lessen the scum, lower the chances of mildew, and lowers the amount of screaming that you hear when your maid is scrubbing your bathroom.
5. Stop cluttering up every flat surface in your house...moving every single little nick-knack is a pain and potential hazardous to the inanimate objects.
6. Don't ask for insane things to be done...who makes the maid scrub their patio furniture? That is why there is a garden hose.
7. Don't make them use the chemicals that you make in the lavatory (oh wait maybe you think this word is actually laboratory). The mixtures your are making (unless you are a Chemist) are probably gagging the maid and later on she will be in the hospital so the maid service will have to include the costs of workman's comp into your cleaning bill.
8. If your house is completely clean, why waste the money? Join a club to make friends.
9. If no cleaning service is leaving you satisfied then you know what they say..."If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself."
10. If you don't care about the how much it costs to clean your house, then tip your maid. You tip the pizza boy and the girl at the salon so tip the person cleaning the house that you'd rather not have to clean.