What You Should Know About Real Flame Gel Fireplaces
Have you ever heard of the Gel Flame Fireplace? It is an environmentally friendly alternative to a traditional wood burning fireplace. Thousands of people are switching to Gel Flame Fireplaces everyday. Before you make the decision, here are some things that you should know.
1. The first company to offer a gel flame fireplace was Real Flame and they are the top seller of this type of fireplace. Today several other companies are also producing these environmentally friendly fireplaces.
2. A Real Flame Fireplace burns a gelled isopropyl alcohol fuel with an additive that makes it crackle like a real wood fire. Real Flame Gel is non toxic, environmentally friendly and burns to a clean vapor that leaves no smoke or fumes. Real Flame Gel leaves behind no carbon monoxide, ashes or soot.
3. Real Flame Fuel creates an orange, red and yellow flame that produces crackling and popping sounds that resemble a wood fire as it burns. A can of Real Flame Fuel will burn for about 3 hours and should be shaken well before being lit. Real Flame Fuel should be used within a year and should not be used if it has turned completely to liquid.
4. A Real Flame Gel Fireplace requires no venting because the fuel burns completely clean so no chimney is required. Real flame logs can be used in a dormant wood burning fireplace.
5. A Gel Flame Fireplace can be put into almost any room of your home including bedrooms and finished basements. You are only restricted by the size and design of your room. These units are perfect for apartment dwellers and can add that touch of class to a plain looking or dreary apartment. Now you can enjoy a relaxing fire even if you rent an apartment.
6. Real Flame Fireplaces are completely portable. They can be moved from room to room and home to home or even from apartment to house. When you rearrange your room you don't need to work around the fireplace anymore. Just move the fireplace along with the other furniture. This can come in very handy during the holidays.
7. Real Flame Gel Fuel pops and crackles like a wood fire but produces no flying embers so you don't need to worry about burn marks on your carpet or floor. Even more important you don't need to worry about your family members, friends or pets getting burned by hot embers popping out of the fireplace.
8. Real Flame Mantels are constructed out of solid pine not a composite material, and come in a variety of designs and finishes. Real Flame also offers modern design and wall fireplace units.
9. Real Flame Convert to Gel Log Sets allow you to convert your current wood burning or fuel fireplace into an environmentally friendly and convenient gel flame fireplace.
10. A Gel Flame Fireplace is an independent unit that does not require the expensive cost of running electric or gas lines. You also don't need to worry about gas leaks.
11. When you are finished using your Real Flame Fireplace for the evening you can simply snuff the fire with a snuffer or fuel can lid, close the cans and store for later use. You can retire for the evening without worrying about the hot embers in the fireplace starting a fire. If you do forget to snuff out your gel flame fire it will remain contained and burn itself out in less than three hours. You don't need to worry about forgetting to turn off the gas supply or running up the electric bill..
12. Real Flame Fireplaces are not recommended as a primary heat source. They do however, give off about 3000 btu of heat per can per hour. If you burn three cans in your fireplace for the full three hours you will raise the temperature of a 10' x 12' room by 4-6 degrees.
13. Real Flame Fireplace mantels require assembly but can be put together using only a Phillips head screwdriver in about an hour.
14. While Real Flame Fuel is non toxic it is not recommended for cooking or roasting marshmallows.
A Real Flame Fireplace is a wonderful, safe, environmentally friendly alternative to a wood burning fireplace. These units are wonderful for people with allergies or respiratory conditions. You won't need to worry about your children and family being affected by the smoke, carbon monoxide and other toxins produced by wood burning fireplaces. Say goodbye to choking on smoke and cleaning up ashes forever. Join the revolution of people switching to the clean burning Gel Flame Fireplace with ventless logs from Real Flame Fireplace. I did.