Why Using Stone Veneer is a Great Idea
Stone veneer has been around for a number of years, but it is only more recent years that homeowners and businesses have begun to take advantage of this beautiful and practical home product. As a manufactured, stone veneer –like natural stones - is ideal for both indoor and outdoor usage, but typically at a much lower price. Its versatility allows one to use it in ways such as siding, indoor accent walls, and even for fireplace and hearth areas adding an elegant warmth to an otherwise so-so looking space.
Lava rock, cement, color pigments containing iron oxide and other lightweight materials typically comprise the veneer, and then the mixture is placed into latex molds that are subjected to vibration during the manufacturing process in order to increase strength, stability and to create a product that more closely resembles real stones.
Why Choose Stone Veneer?
- It is compatible with nearly any type or surface materials.
- Natural stones are quite heavy and time consuming to install. Stone veneer is 75% lighter and can be installed in no time at all – often within less than a day! In fact, many times, the homeowner can do the work, eliminating the need for a professional.
- Cost. Why spend several thousand when you can spend significantly less for the same look? Also, in the event that you need to replace a piece of stone veneer, it is an easy repair – not so with stones!
- Stone veneer is flexible, so using it on corners or curved walls is easy.
- Unlike natural stones that require special tools for cutting and installing, veneer is installed using clamps and a vacuum table. In the event that you need to cut it, don’t stress! You only need a standard circular saw and a hacksaw.
- It is available in many shapes and sizes, so you are certain to find pieces that will fit your space with minimal cutting necessary. In fact, it can even be tailor-made to coordinate perfectly with your room’s colors and décor. In some cases, you can even find pieces where no two “stones” are exactly alike.
- It is heat resistant, so it is ideal for use around a fireplace or even as a backsplash.
- Changing weather conditions have no effect on it, nor will the colors fade due to the elements.
Stone veneer is a great product that can take any space or exterior wall and turn it from bland to beautiful – and with a list of reasons for using, there is no reason to wait. Talk to a local home professional today to learn more. One such provider of stone veneer is Cascade Stone of Twin Cities, MN.
Many websites provide additional information on the topic of stone veneer. One such site worth visiting is www.cascadestone.com
Janet Slagell independently authors articles for WebDrafter.com, Inc. for search engine marketing. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those solely of the author, and not of any other person, company or organization. No guarantee or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the accuracy, fitness, or use of the content herein.