An ECO Friendly Steam Cleaner That Makes Me Happy
Steam Cleaner - what a difference mine makes!
Every now and then I get out my steamer and give the place a good going over!
The windows, the bathroom (top to bottom), the floors, the kitchen etc. My steam cleaner really does a fantastic job of cleaning and disinfecting everything and everywhere without the use of any cleaning agents at all. That is so impressive!
I really appreciate this cleaner and to me this is best steam cleaner on the market because it is small and easy to store, and was in my price range.
Here’s my honest review about it.
It works and all in all I am very happy with it!
- It is small and light
- It gets nice and hot
- It heats up quickly
- It has lots of attachments
- It has a nice strong spray
- All the small attachments are stored inside the body so they’re easy to find and store. Watch out for the very small one – it’s amazing how quickly you can lose it!
- The lead is a bit short – you’ll need an extension lead
- The spray gun gets a bit hot so I wear a rubber glove when I use it
- I’m not sure if it would zap bed bugs – I didn’t buy it for that purpose!
- The steam runs down fairly quickly as you use it, but it only takes a few seconds to heat up again
It really does clean out all the muck from around the windows and it makes everything brighter and sparkly. I use it on my skirting boards and just about everywhere that will tolerate water! It cleans inside cars very well too.
All you do is unscrew the nozzle, put the little funnel in the hole, and carefully fill it with warm or hot water (this speeds up the time it takes to get up to temperature.) Leave it for about 10 minutes and then the light indicates that it’s ready to go. Give something a squirt and then wipe it with a dry cloth. The dirt comes away as if by magic.
Are you ready to part with your cleaning products?
I have stopped using almost all chemical cleaning agents
If you have sensitive skin and the smells of detergents and home cleaning products make your eyes sting then read on. I will tell you how I clean my house, how I save myself an absolute fortune, and why my steam cleaner makes me happy!
The cupboard under my sink used to be jam packed with cleaning products, one for every little job. Now it’s full of – well it’s rather empty really! That’s because I have switched to only using the things I have listed when it’s time to clean my house:
- A steam cleaner
- The cheapest white vinegar you can buy - that removes all lime scale quickly and easily.
- Bicarbonate of soda/ Baking Powder – are these the same thing? Hey I didn’t promise you science!!
- Bleach – for the loos – which I use very sparingly
- Oven cleaner – if you have an alternative to this please tell me in the comment box below.
I don’t waste my money on other products because they are all unnecessary.
But the best thing about it by far is that when I get it out my son actually volunteers to help me clean the house because he thinks it’s great fun to use, which makes me very happy indeed!
I have chosen this relatively cheap steam cleaner to feature, but if you click on it you will be taken to Amazon.com where there are many other models. Whatever one you choose I am sure it will help you save money and keep nasty chemicals out of your house.
Easily ZAP bed bugs with this amazing machine
It will eradicate bed bugs!
I use vinegar to clean everything and I mean everything!
Here's are some examples
- I add a small cup full to my laundry once in a while, because it keeps the washing machine scale free.
- To remove lime scale from my shower doors I add a spoonful of soda to the vinegar as this makes it a bit abrasive.
- I use it to remove the scale in my kettle (diluted with water)
- I use it to keep my dishwasher clean too.
- The vinegar acts as a disinfectant so I use it to keep our toothbrushes clean.
- When the loos gets too bad (teens visit my son), I use a little bleach, but only if I haven’t got my steamer out.
The list could go on and on!
I have not used any chemical product in my home for almost 4 years and I haven't missed any of them for a second.
Thanks very much indeed for your visit.
Could you live without the chemical products in your house? What alternatives do you use for cleaning your oven? Have you already converted to vinegar?
Please leave a comment below.
I have also reviewed my favorite espresso coffee machine which has a timer! click here
© 2014 Giovanna