Shepherd's Lamb profile image 83

Is it 'normal' to have a $300 + electric heating bill for an 1100 sf 'loft' apartment in CA?

I lived in a condo for more than seven years, 1159 sf that had a gas hot water heater, but electric heat. My washer and dryer were electric, too. My monthly heat bill was never over $125. Before I rented this apartment I called the Utility District to find out the average bill for the unit address and was told between $90 and $120. I ran the air conditioner during the hot summer and my average bill was $97 (for the last six months). The first month of winter, I get a bill for $359.00. No washer and dryer either! I do have a fireplace, but the flu is closed. Is this normal?

tirelesstraveler profile image85

Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) says

pedrn44 profile image86

Sandi (pedrn44) says

relache profile image87

Raye (relache) says

Pcunix profile image88

Tony Lawrence (Pcunix) says