1. Reduce the amount of carpeting in your home.
2. Replace curtains with shades
3. Vacuum and dust regularly. Your vacuum cleaner should have a HEPA filter and your duster should be a microfiber duster designed to attract dirt.
4. Keep the humidity levels below 50 percent in your home by using a humidifier or by setting the A/C to recirculate.
5. Reduce mold spores by keeping houseplants to a minimum.
6. Wash all bedding regularly in HOT water (above 130 degrees)
7. Scrub bathroom regularly as fungus can thrive on soap scum.
8. Keep pets out of bedrooms.
9. Use HEPA filters in your circulation system. As an extra precaution, put cheesecloth in heating and A/C vents.