Saving heirloom tomato seeds is easy if you follow a few simple steps.
1. Select a fully ripe tomato that is true to form;
2. Slice the tomato and scoop out the seeds and gel into a small glass container.
Enjoy the tomato on your favorite sandwich, salad, etc.
3. Add cold water to the container to cover the seeds by about an inch, and
place it somewhere out of the way.
4. Swirl the mixture at least once a day for about 3 days. You will find a white
film that looks like mold forming on the water surface. When you see this,
your seeds are ready to dry.
5. Rinse the seeds, washing away the water and any bad seeds. Transfer to a
coffee filter to dry your seeds.
6. Store your seeds in a marked plastic zip-lock type baggie, and store in a cool
It's not as hard as it may sound. Good luck!