Eric Newland profile image 61

What's the best way to clean the underside of a push mower?

I've had problems with things gunking up after cutting wet and even not-so-wet grass. Then I get a crust of old grass growing mold down there and I can tell it's cutting down the efficiency of the mower. If I flip the mower over to clean it the gas starts leaking out, so I have to prop the stupid thing up on a table or something. Is there a better way? And what tools are best for dislodging that grass without damaging the mower?

eugbug profile image95

Best Answer Eugene Brennan (eugbug) says

Millionaire Tips profile image89

Shasta Matova (Millionaire Tips) says

• Eric Newland profile image

Eric Newland 5 years ago

Thanks, MT. I rock my lawn mower like a lowrider but can't seem to dislodge the overall crust that seems to collect over time. Eventually I'm lifting the dumb thing up on a table and rooting around underneath with a flathead screwdriver. The cooking