Motherbynature profile image 81

What are some easy and cheap ways to liven up a bare backyard with dead grass?

My back yard lawn is dead. I live in California and would rather not have anything that requires massive amounts of water but I don't want my kids running in dirt either. What are some practical ways to make the yard more inviting and less...dusty? lol

neildabb profile image81

Best Answer neildabb says

• Motherbynature profile image

Motherbynature 5 years ago

I read the linked hub and did get some good information. I know I definitely need to fertilize first because the grass was dead when I bought the house 6 years ago and has not grown since then. Thank you for answering.

DS Duby profile image88

DS Duby says

• Motherbynature profile image

Motherbynature 5 years ago

DS Duby, I took a passing glance at the patio pavers at the hardware store. Now I am seriously considering investing in some to map out an entertainment area in my yard. As for the grass, I need to research what is good for California sun. Thanks.