Millionaire Tips profile image 94

How do you wash your clothes?

I am interested in finding out how people from different parts of the world wash their clothes. Do you use a clothes washer for everything? Do you hand wash anything? What do you hand wash? Do you use a clothes dryer? Do you use a clothes line? How do you decide when to use a dryer and when to use a clothes line? Where are you (or what is the heritage of your particular clothes washing technique?) Anything and everything you are willing to tell me is appreciated. Thank you for your input. photo is used via creative commons license from Mike Lacon

• Millionaire Tips profile image

Shasta Matova (Millionaire Tips) 5 years ago

Thank you so much for your detailed description of your laundry habits Effer. It is very helpful. I do hope I receive much more input like this. It is fascinating to read about how people have their own, very particular, way of doing laundry.

teaches12345 profile image98

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) says

• Millionaire Tips profile image

I am so sorry your development doesn't allow the use of a clothesline. That is so strange - do they maybe get the money for the dryer? I have heard of some communities that changed their mind when people spoke up. Thanks for your input.

DeborahNeyens profile image98

Deborah Neyens (DeborahNeyens) says

• Millionaire Tips profile image

Thank you Deborah - I would love to have a handwash cycle for my clothes, although most of my handwash stuff bleeds. I hope your HA reconsiders clothes lines.

Janine Huldie profile image91

Janine Huldie says

• Millionaire Tips profile image

Thanks Janine for your input. I agree that the washer and dryer is the way to go!

• Millionaire Tips profile image

Thank you for your input Iburmaster - a washer and dryer is certainly the most convenient way to do the laundry!

Sunshine625 profile image94

Linda Bilyeu (Sunshine625) says

• Millionaire Tips profile image

Thank you Linda - I use cold water only as well. I hadn't thought about giving the clothes a second spin though. I'll have to try it.

Jools99 profile image93

Jools99 says

• Millionaire Tips profile image

Thank you for your input Jools99. It sounds like you are a good steward of the environment - using special detergent and hanging clothes to dry when you can. I will certainly have to look for biological washing tables.

jcevans2009 profile image60

Judith C Evans (jcevans2009) says

• Millionaire Tips profile image

Thank you jcevans2009 for your input . I have a tendency to buy clothes that tend to bleed so have to hand wash a lot of clothes for that reason. And gave clothes that say dry flat. I need to pay better attention to labels before buying clothes.