xanzacow profile image 82

Help! How do I take care of this?

I am the world's worst at caring for plants. My five year old son gave this to me for mother's day. It was a puny little plant in a paper cup. It grew and flourished for several months, but now it looks like this. What can I do to save it?

Pamela99 profile image86

Pamela Oglesby (Pamela99) says

• xanzacow profile image

Cynthia (xanzacow) 5 years ago

Thank you Pamela. It is on the front deck which gets the full hot beach sun most of the day. I water it probably 3 times weekly. I do not even know what kind of plant it is to look up care on the web. I will try repotting. Plant illiterate. Lol.

OldRoses profile image86

Caren White (OldRoses) says

• xanzacow profile image

Cynthia (xanzacow) 5 years ago

It has been out of the paper cup since my son brought it home, but I am thinking it must need a bigger pot. Thank you. I did not know if I was watering too much or not enough. The pot it is in does drain. My son thinks it is peeing! LOL.

Lisa HW profile image82

Lisa HW says

• xanzacow profile image

Cynthia (xanzacow) 5 years ago

Thanks Lisa. Should I cut off all the dead parts?

tmbridgeland profile image85

tmbridgeland says

• xanzacow profile image

Cynthia (xanzacow) 5 years ago

Thanks so much!

kj force profile image77

kjforce (kj force) says

• xanzacow profile image

Cynthia (xanzacow) 4 years ago

Good idea kj!