Mold Sickness – Mold/fungus just like bee’s, snakes, spiders and other living organisms produce “bio-toxins”. An example is that a snake is a living organism, its venom is not. Venom is the bio-toxin which the snake produces, also mold spores produce their bio-toxins known as “mycotoxins” and bacteria produce their bio-toxins known as “endotoxins“.
These biotoxins and secondary metabolites produced by fungi /mold and bacteria are microscopic, they enter the human body through inhalation and ingestion by landing on the food you eat, or are breathed in and enter the lungs, the blood stream, sinuses, the brain or are absorbed through the skin.
Exposure to water damaged or mold contaminated environments can yield “co-exposures” meaning having more than one “pathogen” (disease causing elements) harbored within your body. Rarely, is it only one substance in the case of environmental / mold exposures that are responsible for the onset of mold sickness or disease. Recovery is easy once we have isolated what has happened to you and what bio-toxins are present in your body causing your mold sickness.
Understanding how to identify co-exposures is key to the treatment for mold sickness, necessary to put you and your family onto the road to recovery.