American_Choices profile image 86

Why don't they make more items for the DIY?

I simply don't get it. The populace is aging, we are trying to be more frugal and yet all the building materials are designed for the contractor. Yet we could replace screws with magnets, yet everything is designed for the professional. I am complaining for my mother. She wants to clean her air ducts with her vacuum herself but the vents are installed with screws. This doesn't make logical sense with the technology of magnates. Wouldn't it be great to install with magnates, remove easily for cleaning and reinstall simply? Why is this so complicated? What do you think? Similar thoughts?

rpmadeira profile image82

Best Answer rpmadeira says

• American_Choices profile image

American_Choices 4 years ago

I don't believe the building community realizes how the demographics here in the United States is changing. The manufacturing is down overseas and the innovation here in the United States is lacking because of it. I agree with you completely.

ShootersCenter profile image81

David (ShootersCenter) says

• American_Choices profile image

American_Choices 4 years ago

I can but my Mother cannot. She can run a vacuum cleaner - why not empower her to take the vents off herself? We don't have the technology for a stronger magnate that is safe? Or other possible solutions?

Electro-Denizen profile image86

Electro-Denizen says