Laura Schneider profile image 93

Can I replace a pull-cord light with one that's designed for a switch?

I found the perfect light fixture, only it uses a light switch and the one I want to replace uses a pull cord. Any way I can make this work with a pull cord?

wilderness profile image97

Dan Harmon (wilderness) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

I was afraid of that, wilderness...But you said "difficult" not "impossible". :-) I'll at least buy it and see what's under the hood. I've fixed goofy switches before, but not quite like this. I've got an idea... (You can say "I told you so".) ha ha!

sarahmoose profile image81

Sarah Chewings (sarahmoose) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Cool! I hope it will be that easy here, but I'm afraid it probably won't and I'll have to run lines down and make it a regular toggle switch mounted on the wall. (Annoying, but do-able.) Thanks, sarahmoose!