Relationshipc profile image 88

Does anyone know what this is exactly? My best guess is a mushroom...

It is the thing that is in the middle of the picture. It is very low to the ground. It is hard as a rock. And it is all over our front yard. It looks almost like coral, but brownish/black.

cat on a soapbox profile image83

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 3 years ago

Yeah the picture is not that great. :0 I checked out bird's nest fungus online and, even though they are cool looking, they are not what is in my yard.

Billie Kelpin profile image91

Billie Kelpin says

taburkett profile image60

taburkett says

• cat on a soapbox profile image

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) 3 years ago

My other guess would be a slime mold that has crusted over. They are common on damp lawns and pine needles. Does it make airborne dust when disturbed?