How to move out of a home with overcontrolling parent and start a lige of self dependency?

A 20 yr old male college student leaving under the roof of a very controlling mother. So she is your typical hispanic heritage controlling parent. I will tell you my story that might bring you back a couple of decades, some might relate it to the one experienced during your youth years. So I basically live in a "total dictatorship" house. Its citizens are not allowed to leave, except if they go to school or work. There is no way to leave for anything else. No party or vacatining by yourself/with friends. I only go to the gym, but even then I get to hear wining about the time I spend there.

LongTimeMother profile image98

Best Answer LongTimeMother says

MarioBallo 4 years ago

Thats a good strategy. After all the ability to save $ and the opportunity to put +time towards study is the only thing that ties me down here. If i enrolled as a part time student i could move, but then the $$ will be spent and maybe -time 2 Study.

MarioBallo 4 years ago

Well she can't, but that ain't stopping her. I really hate it here. Its a nice place, but the only bad thing about it is the fact that she literary wants me to be here at night like if i was a priest or something.

Chuck Bluestein profile image64

Chuck Bluestein says

MarioBallo 4 years ago

As much as i like the idea, i don't think i would put up with them for long. I rather find a room mate and live a better quality life without having to put up with my mothers parenting bs

Peggasuse profile image85

Peggasuse says

MarioBallo 4 years ago

I cook 2-3 times a week. Clean once( i sort of slack on my duties)Why even bother if there wont b rewards for being a good son. If i was guaranteed the same life i have now +play time -my dictator mom= i would move to that place.