How do you leave home?

I've lately contemplated leaving the city- the county- heck, even the state. I've lived the entirety of my life in a large city on the West Coast. For a long time I found solace in my hometown but the last years have just been very corrosive to our bond. It feels like I'm disconnecting from this place and maybe it's a sign to move on - to see the beauty of the world and not just of my general county. Some of you may think taking the first step out of the door is easiest and that survival will be hardest, but it's currently the opposite for myself. I struggle to abandon, even in times of doubt.

Astrid Halfling profile image60

Astrid Halfling says

Zacharay John (Nuclearbong) 3 years ago

Thank you for having answered my question. I can agree partially with what you have said; that home is where the heart is. Only partially because my home, my heart, lies with my family. I'm trying to find a way to detach with my heart intact.

Sri T profile image80

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

Zacharay John (Nuclearbong) 3 years ago

I do necessarily believe in that type of stuff? I don't even know what to associate an oracle with, religion or business? Do I go to a church or is it a fortune teller type deal? Either way I don't think this is my path.

Bobby Dela Cruz profile image57

Bobby Dela Cruz says

edhan profile image59

edhan says

Zacharay John (Nuclearbong) 3 years ago

How old were you when you left? Thank you for sharing an answer.

DDE profile image24

Devika Primić (DDE) says

Zacharay John (Nuclearbong) 3 years ago

Ive wanted to join the military for some time now, but I havent taken the chance due to being grossly out of shape. Without that option though, I've been researching survivalist tips, techniques and whatnot so that I can just see the world on my own.