The Examiner-1 profile image 75

When pipes freeze overnight, do they burst before or after running water the next morning?

aviannovice profile image90

Best Answer Deb Hirt (aviannovice) says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

Thanks Deb. I knew about the dripping but this is the first that I heard about the hot water. Does it matter whether the hot or the cold drips? I think my washing machine is on the inside. At least I only see the washroom hoses connected there.

CWanamaker profile image95

CWanamaker says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

Thank you CWanamaker, that is interesting. With the tempratures which we are having right now I do not think that it would start leaking until I ran the hot water.

ktnptl profile image87

ktnptl says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

I know that pipes burst when they freeze. What I want to know is will they start leaking overnight, or the next morning when I run water. I leave my faucets dripping.

dragonflycolor says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

I am worried about the inside pipes. I only used the outside 1-2 times sinces I lived here. I let my (inside) faucets drip, but how do you flush the pipes?