Billie Kelpin profile image 90

What is one of the most useful (non-electronic) items you own?

Aside from your computer, smart phone, etc., what item do you have that you really appreciate and wouldn't give up? Just this morning, I wanted to get one last day of enjoyment from the gladiola bouquet I had purchased last week. A 6" vase I bought years ago, from where-I-don't-know, has a metal "cap" with holes in to arrange flowers. I knew my little glass vase was in a cabinet in our 400 ft. RV where we live and realized it is one of the few items, after downsizing a house full of goods, that I have kept. Do you have a favorite useful item that you would never give up? (besides spouses)

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Christin. I'm learning about all new gadgets here! I just googled it. Cool! I have to use the peeler from IKEA that has the blade across the top. It works best for left handers. Cheers, Billie

JayeWisdom profile image94

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

GREAT IDEA! Gotta look iI up! Don't you just appreciate the people who created these things? LOVE my left-handed corkscrew from the left-handed store in San Fran. It's useful for me + I do enjoy watching my right-handed friends use it (tee hee)

easylearningweb profile image91

Amelia Griggs (easylearningweb) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Very cute! So glad you wrote. I noticed your hub name before, but didn't have a chance to look at your website. We're redoing our old website where I created kid's online learning games (MLK "Dream Speech" fill in the blanks, Gettysburg Address, etc

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

beautiful picture connorj. Can you describe the leash. I tried to look it up not knowing that "Belgian Malinois" was a breed and not a collar. I have a little guy named Scooter who is barking for his last treet of the day as I type! Cheers and thanks

mothersofnations profile image78

Mothers of Nations (mothersofnations) says

Penny G profile image78

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• KatyWhoWaited profile image

KatyWhoWaited 2 years ago

Is the potato masher the kind that has metal going back and forth like a wave? My mom used to have one and I did too, but I must have lost it along the way. Zinc lids? We live in our RV full time, Penny G. We stay put here in Southern CA.

RTalloni profile image87

RTalloni says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

That peeler IS niffy. Glad you posted a link. I think hubpage writers r often so overly cautious abt posting links that it's counter productive. PS .The "frog" is metal and sits ON top of that little vase like a cover with holes. Genius I think!

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 2 years ago

I'm impressed that you write full-length books in longhand! My handwriting has deteriorated (arthritis) so much that I can barely read my signature any more! Kudos to you, Sheila!