lambservant profile image 94

How do I keep the pipes in my shed where I keep my washer and dryer from freezing?

I keep my washer and dryer in a shed. I have the pipes wrapped and use a large infrared bulb placed near the inside pipes when the temperatures dip low. We also insulated the wall that my washer is up against. Still I worry. Is there anything more I can be doing to ensure they won't freeze? Other than the washer, there is no way to run water like I do in the house. Thank you.

RTalloni profile image89

RTalloni says

• lambservant profile image

Lori Colbo (lambservant) 23 months ago

Great idea RT. I will follow up. Thanks.

lawrence01 profile image86

Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) says

• lambservant profile image

Lori Colbo (lambservant) 22 months ago

Thank you Lawrence. I run the tap in the house. There is no tap to run in the shed. I used an infrared lamp just inches from the indoor pipes but I think I ought to add a heater. Good idea.