Jackie Lynnley profile image 78

How would be the best way to store and care for my potted rosemary for the winter?

I don't want to plant them until spring so would they be alright to just put in a half sheltered location but still in the weather? Some plants are big and bushy and others are several smaller ones to a pot and all are very healthy as of now even out in the semi-cold we have had already. Any tips appreciated.

cat on a soapbox profile image85

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

I do have an indoor place I could put them with a lot of sun; so maybe I will just leave them indoors. Thanks.

Don Bobbitt profile image92

Don Bobbitt says

Besarien profile image83

Besarien says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

Thanks Besarian, NC is fine instructions (where I live), lol. I really meant for outside but I could bring them in. I found a sale and want to plant them as hedge in the spring! I love it too! On chicken is great too.

SusanDeppner profile image84

Susan Deppner (SusanDeppner) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

Well if it is in the ground doing well chances are it is best to leave it there. Depending on where you live I guess but I am on the east coast and I had some that made it several winters through the snow. I am just worrying about ones in pots.

Allain Christmas profile image59

Virginia Allain (Allain Christmas) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

Well, can't do that but maybe I could mail it to you to babysit the winter. lol