My friend found a colony of black mold hiding between the wall and toilet tank of her bathroom after using her bathroom gave me an asthma attack. She's killed all of the mold on surfaces. A week later, I still can't go into her bathroom without having an asthma attack and she is coughing and sneezing when she uses it though not as much as before. It seems like the airborne spores, toxins, and whatever else the mold was giving off are still lingering, despite running her ceiling fan constantly. How can she get rid of or neutralize whatever's left in the air after killing mold on surfaces?
sort by best latest
Thank you. It's good to know she can rent one while deciding which one to buy.
Thank you for answering. The hub is extremely basic and doesn't mention anything about clearing spores and leftover air-borne fumes after the mold has been cleaned up and dried out.
Kylyssa if you ventilate correctly and tackle the condensation issue, spores in the air will have nothing to live on and will die. No further treatment will be needed. Wash walls with fungicidal wash and use mold inhibiting paint when redecorating
Thank you. I'll look into their products and see if they have some information on getting the high density of spores out of the air.
I know little other than that cleaning was taken to extremes and involved a mask and goggles. If it's in the wall, that has to be dealt with. Thank you for all this great info!