Kylyssa profile image 97

How do you get rid of airborne spores and toxins after killing black mold on household surfaces?

My friend found a colony of black mold hiding between the wall and toilet tank of her bathroom after using her bathroom gave me an asthma attack. She's killed all of the mold on surfaces. A week later, I still can't go into her bathroom without having an asthma attack and she is coughing and sneezing when she uses it though not as much as before. It seems like the airborne spores, toxins, and whatever else the mold was giving off are still lingering, despite running her ceiling fan constantly. How can she get rid of or neutralize whatever's left in the air after killing mold on surfaces?

cat on a soapbox profile image97

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 23 months ago

Thank you. It's good to know she can rent one while deciding which one to buy.

Stella Kaye profile image90

Stella Kaye says

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 23 months ago

Thank you for answering. The hub is extremely basic and doesn't mention anything about clearing spores and leftover air-borne fumes after the mold has been cleaned up and dried out.

RTalloni profile image88

RTalloni says

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 24 months ago

Thank you. I'll look into their products and see if they have some information on getting the high density of spores out of the air.

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 24 months ago

I know little other than that cleaning was taken to extremes and involved a mask and goggles. If it's in the wall, that has to be dealt with. Thank you for all this great info!